Hardware or App??

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate Development' started by Lord Zer0seeker, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Lord Zer0seeker

Lord Zer0seeker New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So im going to start off by saying that i think this is going to be more of a hardware issue than a software problem. I recently bought the wired throat communicator headset for my xbox 360, and want to use it with my Fascinate. I bought the adapter to make it a 3.5mm Jack from the 2.5 that it originally is. I tried making a call from it and the earpiece works just fine and the audio goes through, but the microphone has yet to work. Like i said, i think this is gonna be more of a hardware issue, but if theres some way for an app to fix this, could someone help me with it? And if there's any suggestions as for hardware that could make this work, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Are you suer the adapter has mic capabilities?

3. Lord Zer0seeker

Lord Zer0seeker New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not entirely, i originally bought the wrong adapter going from a 2.5 stereo to 3.5 mono without realizing it until afterwards. But remedied that problem the other night. Im not good with hardware troubleshooting when it comes to audio components. So now the adapter is stereo just like the headset. It only has one earpiece instead of two so I thought the other line was used for the mic.

Search tags for this page

android earpiece troubleshoot

would an xbox 360 throat mic headset work on a droid phone?