Hardware mods

Nausicaa

Reaction score
I know you can hack Android completely but I was just wondering if there were any hardware mods done on the Droid.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Jetpacks are in high demand but nobody has come forth.

As far as any other hardware mods I have yet to see any. Not here or any other android forum for that matter

Sent from my Droid

OP
Nausicaa

Nausicaa

Reaction score
Thanks. I was hoping to see something on making the keyboard better or whatever. I just usually use the touchscreen now since the keyboard looks pretty bad in landscape, but its still the best phone I have ever had.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The only keyboard mod I've ever seen was a long time ago and you wouldn't want to try it : )

They put scotch tape on the buttons to raise them. It was for a tactile feel I guess.

Sent from my Droid

OP
Nausicaa

Nausicaa

Reaction score
Yeah I would rather not use it, it seems it could damage the slide. I put a piece of cardboard under my netbook to make the keyboard better, but this phone is too precious :)

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Of course, if someone would like to donate a D1 for further modding, or a broken one for parts (mainly the case, motherboard, and screen. Doenst matter if it works or not, just need more than one shell to test out with cutting and modding with, and a front face to test to see how I can drill more holes or place switches, so I dont destroy the only D1 I have), that would be AWESOME!

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I've only seen 2. One involved rewiring and soldering to make the phone unbrickable. Very amazing. Don't remember what phone (wasn't on verizon so I didn't really pay attention.) The second was someone swapped their LEDs in the rezound for actual red ones because the stock was looking pink.

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!