Hard Reset

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by 671droid, May 31, 2010.

1. 671droid

671droid New Member

I'm forced to do a Hard Reset on my eris because the previous owner used his gmail and I cannot simply change the gmail account...
    My questions are
    1) Will I have to bring my droid to my carrier to reconnect service/internet after hard reset?
    2) Should I remove my SD card before I hard reset?
    3) What are the first few things I should do after the hard reset is complete?

Thank you for your time and knowledge...:greendroid:
  2. namu1107

namu1107 New Member

1. No, you will not have to bring your droid to the carrier to reconnect your service, UNLESS, but small chance, something goes wrong with security code, which then you would have to call #8899 to get them to reset your security code. The reason for this is sometimes when you do reset your phone, something goes "wrong" and causes this small glitch. Nothing too hard to fix, just don't do your FR during hours that Tech Support isn't working!

2. You can keep your SD card in. FR don't affect the card at all, just the internal memory and schematics.

3. After the hard reset its going to ask you to reactivate your phone, and then resync with your google accout. So after the phone is back in working order, all you need to do is customize.

If its a brand new phone for you, and you don't have any preferences set or information on the phone, then your good to go. If it does, make sure you BACK UP BACK UP AND BACK UP.

A factory reset, IMO, is something that most phones should do. If by chance the phone is running 1.5, I would install the 2.1 and then do a FR. Reason being is because it seems that if you do a FR it will take out most, not all, of the glitches experienced in 2.1... with the exception of the silent bug.