Hard case

Discussion in 'Casio G'zOne Commando' started by powermad, Jul 17, 2011.

1. powermad

powermad New Member

2. wingleader

wingleader New Member

thanks keep us posted on how you like it
  3. brad92

brad92 New Member

Isn't part of the beauty of the Commando that you don't need a case?

CM74DX
  4. powermad

powermad New Member

Mine gets used for what is designed for and is starting to take a beating.
    I would rather the case take the brunt of the damage.
    Same reason I used those cases on my other phones.
    I'm a diesel tech not a school teacher so mine gets tossed about and dropped on occasion.
  5. brad92

brad92 New Member

Awesome. I have a buddy in Waco training to be a diesel tech. It would be my dream job also.

LGX v2.4
  6. Dieseldink

Dieseldink New Member

Does this case have a plastic cover over the screen? Just curious I have already broke my screen two weeks into ownership of the Commando. thanks
  7. powermad

powermad New Member

Just got it today, no screen cover.
    I guess I will have to pay attention to where it is and what it hits.
    But the cover fits well and does not add a lot of girth to it, actually makes it easier for me to hold onto.
    The belt clip is well made and the phone does not fall out of it, the kick stand is a great feature as well.
    All in all it is well made and designed.
    The others I have lasted a long time and withstood a lot of abuse.

The solar charger I got from the same place is freaking cool as well.
    No more looking for a place to plug into.
    It will charge the phone when it is fully charged and will still charge when it is discharged and in the sun.
    Best $30 I have spent yet.
    Bluetooth keyboard is next on my list.
    After having this phone for a bit I am wondering how I ever did without one.
  8. frodoz737

frodoz737 New Member

As a Airline Mechanic (the other diesel), I chose the Nite Ize case solution. Rugged Phone Cases | Nite Ize. The Cargo Wide, Cargo Medium and Clip Case Sideways Medium, were the only ones that sized good for my Commando. These cases are extremely rugged, use a velcro flap and utilize a strong and secure belt clip. Chose the Wide for work because I was going to carry an extra battery and misc. May revisit the Medium now though as I realize I don't need the extra battery. Have used the case for over a month and very happy. Got the Sideways for after work as it does not look as industrial, but know that the belt clip has one less safety. Got them at REI and found these the best choice Cases that can "bleed with me" and my phone at work or home.
  9. AirJunky

AirJunky New Member

Hey, how about a link to the place you bought this charger? Or who manufactures it?
    Thanks
  10. powermad

powermad New Member

11. jemmymoore

jemmymoore New Member

Currently my sister is using two cases alternately which includes both crystal clear and silicon case for her bb phone that i gifted her on her b'thday last mnth however both the cases are not capable enough in protecting the phone. The Clear case being transparent, to some extent proves useful as it's transparency glows her phone's purple texture pretty well which makes her phone look more attractive while shielding it. However the problem with it is its sleek, transparent and slippy body that often makes her to drop her phone (she is getting too annoyed with it) which eventually resulted into hard bruises on her phone's surface.

Now black silicon case to her it makes the phone look completely dumb and bulky. No doubt the cover gets tightly fitted to her which i have seen myself however i too felt still it is not a reliable case at all. Well I am not saying silicon case is useless and so far it has protected her phone well from scratches and dirt, but she has to compromise other sensitive parts like screen and keypad. Moreover the bottom edge comes up too close to the space bar on the keyboard and gets in the way. Like other expensive blackberry curve cases from either from otterbox or griffin it is not at all reliable coz it is not able to protect sensitive parts of the phone like screen and keyboard i mentioned above.

Even i would have bought it for my her but they are so expensive as compared to either silicon or crystal case and to be frank i cant afford too much just to protect a phone (or else i would i have sold the phone itself and would have bought a brand new iphone 4 for her). So any one using any bb phone could recommend me a cheap, attractive and relaible alternative to these two cases. I just want to get rid of these two cases as soon as possible and i dont want to compromise the phone meanwhile i buy a new case for her.

Thanks
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  12. paltomjr

paltomjr New Member

Incipio

Does anyone have the Incipio Dermashot case? Do you like it?
Search tags for this page

best case for casio commando

best casio commando case

casio commando cases

casio g'zone commando hard case

casio g'zone commando otter case

droid commando cases

g'zone commando hard case with clip
g'zone commando rugged case
hard case covers for a casio g'zone commando
hard cases for casio commando
hard cover for g-z camando