Hard Bricked new SCH-i535 jb 4.1.2, what now?

trebor_edwards

Reaction score
So one day after receiving brand new S3 rooted via Odin setup CWM recovery and attempted flashing multiple custom roms. First two attempted were for 4.2.1 and afterwards said flash failed. Third was Neat rom for 4.1.2, flashed, said flashed failed, then never turned back on again. After researching i realized it was for i9300, but i could not see anywhere on the roms page that said so. I am getting another new s3 and would still like to flash a custom rom, but i am appropriately very nervous about it. I have had Droid 3, Droid 4, and Asus t300t rooted and romed with very little problems. Can anyone suggest a good rom with good battery life and reassure me that i wont brick another? Thanks.

X_Usaf

Reaction score
try this

So one day after receiving brand new S3 rooted via Odin setup CWM recovery and attempted flashing multiple custom roms. First two attempted were for 4.2.1 and afterwards said flash failed. Third was Neat rom for 4.1.2, flashed, said flashed failed, then never turned back on again. After researching i realized it was for i9300, but i could not see anywhere on the roms page that said so. I am getting another new s3 and would still like to flash a custom rom, but i am appropriately very nervous about it. I have had Droid 3, Droid 4, and Asus t300t rooted and romed with very little problems. Can anyone suggest a good rom with good battery life and reassure me that i wont brick another? Thanks.

Unbrick Your Verizon Galaxy S3 [How-To] | AndroidEgis
or
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1762204

Last edited:

debrad0307

Reaction score
I am using hyperdrive. I found that no matter which rom I tried the camera wasn't working But I flashed a new radio and The camera works great.
Hyperdrive is where I am going to stay for awhile, Probably.

Do you have the link to the radio you flashed? Having the same issue with my hubby's phone when I flash Synergy.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2