Haptic Feedback on Dial Pad?

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn this off? It seems to lag the process of dialing in numbers. Because of it, it sometimes forgets a number when I'm dialing.

naman919

Reaction score
hmmm. i can't find the option either. looks like it might be something that cannot be changed.

airwake

Reaction score
I have wanted to turn this off as well, kind of surprised that no custom rom eliminates this either.

M

Matth3w

Sort of on the same topic, can you have your sound up but specifically turn the keypad sound down? When dialing it puts the keypad sound on speaker at a ridiculous volume even though my highest sound setting is 60%.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do not have haptic feedback enabled at all. Is this the problem? Do you want it in some applications and not others???

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yes, I also find this annoying. More annoying is that my original Droid purchased January 21 in a slideout box, I was able to turn this off. Droid #3, not able to. Droid #2 was a white box warranty replacement, and it was returned next day.

ZBoater

Reaction score
Add me to the list that haptic feedback on the dial pad drive me nuts.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well Adrynalyne, that makes me wonder, when did you purchase your phone? Is this a problem with the new builds? I sure would like to turn it off. Does anybody know why this is happening?

hinky

Reaction score
It makes me crazy too. It made me even crazier turning it off and still having it only when dialing numbers.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have it on the dial pad and the unlock sequence, hope there is a fix or a patch. If its the worst problem I have, then no big deal.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry, I posted this before I went to bed. You need to use a modified Contacts.apk and/or Phone.apk from XDA. If interested, let me know and I will dig up the links.

You must be rooted, of course.