Happy with bionic

andlamv

Reaction score
Anyone happy with there choice of phone?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
i'm a tech geek. So in one word.. no. But it shall suffice. I waited a long time for it... and shall suffer longer with it...lol. But will I splurge on the next great device? Yes.

OP
andlamv

andlamv

Reaction score
Im too glad to gear someone likes there phone..only problem i have is getting lte in my work place building and that is not even a phone issue

OP
andlamv

andlamv

Reaction score
i'm a tech geek. So in one word.. no. But it shall suffice. I waited a long time for it... and shall suffer longer with it...lol. But will I splurge on the next great device? Yes.

What makes it bad im a tech geek as well and it does what i need to do

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I'm a big time tech geek and I have no quarrels with it thus far.
Then again I knew going into it that no device is a magic elixir right out of the box. ALL devices like this need patches.. and the Bionic will get a good one in a few weeks to smooth out all the minor annoyances.

Reaction score
We have different tastes. I need mine to be headache free... or close to it. Nothing ever will be but we can wish can't we? And yes.. speeding wheels you are correct. But given the time they pulled it from the market to perfect it... it should have been less annoying. Wouldn't you think. My OG had less issues on release than this unfortunately. But alas.. it was not fast enough. I am the type of guy who buys a brand new STI and if the interior makes just a hint of noise when driving off the lot. Back it goes for another one. Spoiled? Yes,....lol. I am a tech brat then..haha.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
The OG had TONS more issues than the Bionic has.
They had to push out an emergency patch 4 weeks after release because of all the problems.
The 2.0.1 patch fixed a myriad of issues that most of us were dealing with when that one was first released.

Reaction score
What makes it bad im a tech geek as well and it does what i need to do

Bad is being charged for data when not getting data half of the time. Sometimes airplane toggle and battery pull won't bring back 3g/4glte for me... in the exact same spot where my og catches fine. OTA will fix it. I know. But until then verizon should reimburse me... and all of the others... half of a month's worth of charges. This is something that should not bother me... but it does. :(

LBrooks

Reaction score
I'm something of a geek - I'm happy with it. I've been fortunate and haven't had many problems with it. A few little things here and there, but nothing major.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
We have different tastes. I need mine to be headache free... or close to it. Nothing ever will be but we can wish can't we? .

Get an iphone? Seriously.. those things a near bulletproof.

Every Android device Ive had has experienced some kind of bugs here and there.. Heck, they're still releases bugfix updates for the Droid X and that thing has been out forever.

If you're the kind of person who's OCD about build quality and attention to detail, it's hard to beat Apple Products.

Reaction score
The OG had TONS more issues than the Bionic has.
They had to push out an emergency patch 4 weeks after release because of all the problems.
The 2.0.1 patch fixed a myriad of issues that most of us were dealing with when that one was first released.
Only thing mine suffered from was camera auto focus. But maybe I was lucky. The Ota cured that. If there was more... I did not encounter any since day one. Oh I take that back. My volume rocker got stuck down. And I did get a new one the next day.

Reaction score
Get an iphone? Seriously.. those things a near bulletproof.

Every Android device Ive had has experienced some kind of bugs here and there.. Heck, they're still releases bugfix updates for the Droid X and that thing has been out forever.

If you're the kind of person who's OCD about build quality and attention to detail, it's hard to beat Apple Products.
Very true Crazed. I am ocd unfortunately. Everyone in my family has one. My fiance swears by hers. But I can't support the business practice of Apple. A whole other story in itself..lol.

So to eat my words everyone... I might be happy after the Nov OTA. But hate the fact that I still can't go on fb 50% of the time.. and is still being charged for it :(. Too bad my m17 x can't fit in my pocket..lol.

zachdroid

Reaction score
Totally happy with my phone. Looking forward to having this for a while. Trying to get my wife to get one, she has an og and is fighting me. I'll will in the end though.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Love it.. as for OCD, I have it and if anything in the slightest bothered me with it I would have returned it.