Happy Halloween!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
@94lt1... Great decorations! Easier now than at Christmas in the snow on a ladder!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Did you notice the palm tree? Probably too dark.. I live in Southeast tx..we don't get snow..I'm from Montana though..and I love snow.its a catch 22..lol.. I long to move back to the mountains..I feel like I'm in hillbilly hell down here lol. Some of these people are great.. some are really odd..
I love the snow. These two posts brought back memories of snow time challenges decorating for the holidays.

See that big tree to the left of my house. Well, my first winter here I decided to string that 30' plus tree with Christmas lights. It so happened that the weekend I had the opportunity to do so was a blizzard. I proceeded to string that tree with about 10 strands of lights in the snow storm anyway. I got it almost to the top. I had to climb on top of the roof with strings of lights hooked onto my telescoping pool poles to get them to the top. In the process, I slid down the roof into the snow covered bushes below. Thank God for snow covered bushes because it probably saved me from broken bones. When I was done, the tree was beautiful all lit up for the holidays; the talk of my neighborhood. Worth every second of stringing those lights. I kept those lights lit till Valentine's day. My plan was to keep the lights up and the only thing I'd have to do every Christmas would be to plug them in.

Fast forward to the following summer when I almost killed my brother. I was having my first July 4th party in my new house. I went looking for my missing brother who felt the need to do all kinds of useful projects around my house. I wanted to see what the latest project he may have found to occupy himself. I think the whole neighborhood heard me screaming, "NOOO!" I was much too late. By the time I found him, he had taken almost half my Christmas lights off that tree. He thought I just hadn't the time to take them down so he thought he would "help" me out. Needless to say that first year was the only year that tree was lit. In the second pic you can see one of the remaining remnants of the Christmas lights.
08ba3996d2e4584f000f73b9f5475c19.jpg
4fba4de7f94ade2c69d7bdf0fa27a663.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Omg! I would have murdered your brother... That was quite a big tree to decorate outside even without the blizzard! At least it makes a great story! Now they sell a cool new device to "decorate" outside. It's like a projector that you plug in and it streams "starlight" all over against your building, your trees or even inside... You can set it to do different colors and patterns. Now that I'm 64 that seems like a great way to decorate this year. I do like to climb up ladders, but only to wash and wax the roof of my truck( lol )

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Omg! I would have murdered your brother... That was quite a big tree to decorate outside even without the blizzard! At least it makes a great story! Now they sell a cool new device to "decorate" outside. It's like a projector that you plug in and it streams "starlight" all over against your building, your trees or even inside... You can set it to do different colors and patterns. Now that I'm 64 that seems like a great way to decorate this year. I do like to climb up ladders, but only to wash and wax the roof of my truck( lol )

Yes, the unfortunate bro. That was 14 years ago and I still make sure he doesn't forget.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I bet you do... This Christmas surprise him with forgiveness( lol)

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I long to move back to the mountains..I feel like I'm in hillbilly hell down here lol. Some of these people are great.. some are really odd..
Ummm, you are. (the HB hell part) I don't know how you've lasted as long as you have! I lived in Arkansas during my HS years and I couldn't take it. Moved out of that state a few months after I graduated and don't miss it at all! It's the armpit of America.

S5 tap'n

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ummm, you are. (the HB hell part) I don't know how you've lasted as long as you have! I lived in Arkansas during my HS years and I couldn't take it. Moved out of that state a few months after I graduated and don't miss it at all! It's the armpit of America.

S5 tap'n
There's definitely something wrong with people down here..all the girls do beauty pageants...all the guys put on 5 lbs of muscle and try to do physique class body building....I'm like. Put on some real mass...losers. Lol