Happy (1 yr) Anniversary of root for A855!

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Ok, I _might_ be one day early (according to the time stamp on my file) . . . . but;

How many of you who got your A855's on or near the Droid's release day rooted them just as soon as it was found as well?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
well as soon as I got it anyway, think it was a week or so after the root was out.

damn, it's been a year already, think is the first 'smart phone' I've had that has actually lasted a full year with little or no issues (physical). not sure how I feel about that, lol, time for a new device:icon_ banana: just holding out for the dual-core cells (or 4G, since it's active here in Nashville).

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I rooted when rootyourdroid website had the steps. But sholesmodupdater was the game changer for me as far as rooting goes.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I rooted when rootyourdroid website had the steps. But sholesmodupdater was the game changer for me as far as rooting goes.

rootyourdroid was GREATdancedroiddancedroid shame they left, they helped a LOT of people and was a great place for noobs. Wish they had stuck around and moved onto some of the newer devices.

Roland B.

Reaction score
I remember getting my droid xmas eve and had it rooted days later using the rootyourdroid method.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
teddyearp

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I rooted when rootyourdroid website had the steps.<snip>

I remember that. I had the stuff posted before that on my site and PM'd BigLou to consolidate/collaborate. Suffice it to say it didn't happen. Not from anything I did.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
only held off rooting for about a week after it was possible... never looked back.

Droidfish

Reaction score
I lurked on this site onto January before I rooted, I put Pete's bugless beauty on my phone, that was when overclocking felt like a big deal and was maxed out at 800 i think haha feels like so long ago. Anyone remember math3ws guides?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App