Hanging up on People with Chin

dentdave

Reaction score
I have had my Motorola Droid for about two weeks now and I'm liking it more and more, but I'm having one small issue you guys might be able to help me with. While I'm working and have to take a call I used to put the phone between my shoulder and ear and write down all my customers info , well now when I do that I'm hanging up on them or my chin is pushing the key pads .
Is there any way of doing this with out hanging up on people ?, locking the key pad ? or do I just have to hold the phone to my ear, I know I could use a blue tooth device but I'd rather not and I dont want or need wires from a headset in my way either. I work out side with my hand so when I take a call I have to stop working. BTW I do Paintless Dent Repair , and three out of five calls are just people wanting some info , thats why I'd rather keep working while on the phone.
Thanks for any info.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, the phone's screen should be going black when it's against or even close to your face. There is a sensor in the top left corner that causes this. And also, the dial-pad shouldn't be out unless you press the button to bring it out. That's weird that it's allowing your face to push buttons because it's supposed to be black and non-responsive when close your face

sc4fpse

Reaction score
We're sorry to hear about your problem, Mr. Leno...

/badjoke

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, you need to figure out what's most important -- using the phone and keeping your hands free or insisting on holding your phone between your face and shoulder.

You can get better at the latter (so the prox sensor disables the screen properly), use the speakerphone or use a BT headset which is precisely designed for this sort of thing.

There might be an app that could somehow help but I don't know of one off the top of my head. This has certainly been discussed many times before. You might want to search the other threads to see what other suggestions/solutions have come up.

btynbst

Reaction score
Chin hang ups

It used to happen to me. I realized that dial pad was still active. Make sure the dial pad is inactive. You can see it on the screen. If you see a red X on the dialpad button, press it, it should deactivate it for the duration of the call.

iPirate

Reaction score
We're sorry to hear about your problem, Mr. Leno...

/badjoke
lol i was thinking the same thing

to be supportive, you can use headphones and put your phone on your desk and it should work very nicely!

Last edited:

EbE404

Reaction score
Probably not what you want to hear, but I'd suggest a Bluetooth headset. It makes the hands-free thing a lot easier. Also, the Droid, while still under maximum allowable levels, is something like the third highest radiation-emitting phone on the market. Just sayin'...

It took me a while to get a Bluetooth headset, because I wasn't sure what to do with it when it wasn't using it. I didn't want to be "that guy" who won't take the damn thing off his head, but if you put it in your pocket, it will probably get lost or crushed. And, for some reason, you CANNOT find a cellphone holder that has a pocket for it.

So, I went to a store, and found a great $10 camera case that looks good, fits the phone perfectly and has an extra pocket for the headset. Works like a charm.