Handsfree App

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have found Moto Assist to be pretty glitchy since the 5.1 update. Rarely reads texts while driving, etc. Others have complained of the same thing. What app are others using for this feature? I really like to be able to hear and respond to texts handsfree while driving.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I still use Moto Assist and have had 0 issues. I did buy my Turbo right around the time 5.1 was released so I updated it right out of the box. My wife's Moto X 2014 had a few Moto app issues from KK to Lollipop though. I cleared all data from the Moto app, rebooted and setup all the Moto app features again (Driving, Sleeping, Moto Voice, etc) and she has had no issues since then.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
jkaod

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I tried all of that, even uninstalled the app update, went back to the original (which doesn't work with 5.1) and then reinstalled the update. Still pretty hit and miss....more miss that hit. I've heard that Moto Assist is going away completely with marshmallow which would be unfortunate....of course it will be another 8-10 months before we see M on the turbo if past experience is repeated.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I use this every single day and it never once failed to read a text to me. One of my favorite features.

Do you have bluetooth in the car? Does it quickly switch into Driving Mode when you get in the car?

OP
jkaod

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes. Bluetooth in all three vehicles, it does go to driving mode pretty quickly, but the text reading is wonky in all three. I can make and receive calls just fine.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
One other thing. You do have this on, yea?

uploadfromtaptalk1447280613669.png

Tap'n Turbo

OP
jkaod

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, driving detection is checked. Thanks, I'll look at that Car Home app. I just went through the whole clear data and cache for the app again after re-installing the app, so we'll see if that makes any difference.
Thanks Pere

Einsteindks

Reaction score
I use CHU religiously! There's nothing in it to read texts n' stuff. Other than turning on Motor Assist, you could try Verizon's own text app Message+. It has an option to sense Bluetooth connection, and read texts aloud while it thinks you're driving.

OP
jkaod

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I unpaired the connection and re-paired them all and the Maserati and Ferrari seem to be fine, just the Lamborghini still has some issues. JK, just dreaming. All Fords and two are better, but my Mustang is still wonky. I'll update Ford Sync and see if that helps. It sure doesn't look like there are any other apps that do the same thing at all. I really hope Moto keeps the app alive with future OS updates.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I unpaired the connection and re-paired them all and the Maserati and Ferrari seem to be fine, just the Lamborghini still has some issues. JK, just dreaming. All Fords and two are better, but my Mustang is still wonky. I'll update Ford Sync and see if that helps. It sure doesn't look like there are any other apps that do the same thing at all. I really hope Moto keeps the app alive with future OS updates.
Ok, that was funny!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk