Handscent question

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by jets91090, May 12, 2010.

1. jets91090

jets91090 New Member

For some reason when I shut my phone and turn it back on like later when I wake up, it resends messages that I already sent previously. Is there anyway to turn this off?
  2. jets91090

jets91090 New Member

anyone know?
  3. grinchy

grinchy New Member

hang in there...somebody might be able to help ya :)
  4. circsmonky

circsmonky Premium Member Premium Member

i got a different hancent question, 25% of the time when i receive a new text the pop up shows the the text before that and i have to swype over to get the new one. anyone else have this?
  5. thecrazing

thecrazing New Member

Resending of old messages has never happened to me. It could be that it didn't actually send and is trying to send again? I dunno, try checking/turning on delivery reports.

As for that other question, the real thing that happens to me is I get duplicates in terms of received messages, but I haven't figured out what the deal is with that. Doesn't seem to be handcent specific.
  6. RickCathey

RickCathey Premium Member Premium Member

start the stock messages app, menu, settings, uncheck Notifications, that should stop the duplicates..
  7. circsmonky

anyone know how to unblacklist and/or view the list, when i check show blacklist i dont see them. also my friend tried to send me a MMS and my phone started to make the notification sound then stopped like the number was blacklisted. i checked all the settings but couldnt figure it out.
  8. thecrazing

thecrazing New Member

No, I've already done that. It's hard to use handcent without doing that. It really is that I'll have two of the same messages inside of handcent and handcent alone. I've noticed it happens most often to the first message someone sends in a quick burst of two or three, though I'm not sure if it's an autosplit or not.

Sounds to me like you don't actually have any texts from the blacklisted people, and thus there are no threads to appear.
  9. Chupp75

Chupp75 New Member

tried handcent. wouldnt let me download a picture my girlfriend sent me. had her re send it and i used the stock messager and it showed right up. im perfectly content with the stock one now.
  10. circsmonky

11. johnsocs

johnsocs New Member

That is because Handcent has not registered the previous message as read. It happens to me on occasion when I forget to read the messages or just leave the pop up there.
  12. tdenton1138

tdenton1138 New Member

My wife's Droid does the exact same thing. Turn off the phone for even a few minutes, power back on and it resends multiple messages which have already been sent. Very frustrating. Haven't yet found a solution.
  13. RoyR80

RoyR80 New Member

HERE is your answer!

Sorry ppl, dont mean to shout but i know whats up, its LAME but heres how u fix it. When your in ur handcent, hit the menu, go to "more". check ur undelivered texts. if ANY hang in there they get sent at reboot. idk why, but this is the problem. even though u know the text went through, sometimes texts get sent there. :-/ before rebooting (if u may have used ur fone in a low reception area, or not) check this. also if u want handcent to run faster, delete ur sent logs as well. ;-)
  14. tdenton1138

tdenton1138 New Member

Thanks for the workaround. I wish I understood better why it was necessary... I get the mechanics of it, but how can it be truly stopped?
  15. bigrb9

bigrb9 New Member

There was a Handcent update ready for D/L on my phone today, check to see if that helps with your issue, worked out some kinks I was having previously...
Search tags for this page

how to unblacklist a galaxy s3

unblacklist samsung galaxy s3