Handscent not registering texts

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Beardface, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Beardface

Beardface Active Member

Ratings:
    +117
    Anyone else having a problem with this? I never noticed it before I made the switch to BB 0.5, but I am getting it quite frequently right now. I'll get a text, it'll show in the notification bar, but it never appears in my thread. Its like it somehow gets lost on the way in, and its just incredibly frustrating. Any ideas on how to fix?

2. LT*

LT* Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been having this issue as well, seems to have just started within the past 2 weeks or so. I'm running Saphire 1.1.0 right now. I was using Handcent, and just uninstaled it this morning to see if that will solve the issue. Hopefully it will.

3. PhCIT

PhCIT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Droid 1 is also having the same problem. Sometimes I do get the texts but other times it's just in the notification bar. Also there are times when the message never reaches my phone at all. I'm running BB v.05. Very frustrating.

4. boddah

boddah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed this on my UD 1.0 Droid, I had removed the stock mms app, putting it back has seemed to help

5. TexasRules777

TexasRules777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea putting back the stock mms app seems to make it work. Sucks kinda to have 2 mms apps in your drawer.

6. bdholsin

bdholsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Handcent was giving me issues as well except that my texts were coming in but my phone wasn't notifying me. I had to manually check the Handcent app every 5 minutes to make sure I hadn't missed a text. Ended up uninstalling and reinstalling. Seems to have fixed the problem...at least for now. We'll see how long it lasts.