Hands On With the Bionic!!

alboboy10

Reaction score
No we agree, but the fact the Cell Standby is consuming more battery than the bloody screen and Android OS combined is absurd.

My girlfriends atrix does the same with heavy use. Its all new Motorola phones. Six hours with heavy use, stock, is great though.

GBH2

Reaction score
That still doesn't explain why cell standby is taking up most of the battery.

The only times cell standby is the number on drain on my Droid 1 is when I am in a really bad area with almost no service, and then my phone will be dead in 3 hours or less if I actually try to use it for anything - alternatively cell standby can be high if I don't use it at all. I don't have any explanation for what is happening here with the Bionic but I think that voice or 3g or 4g were continuously trying to connect and depleting the battery.

I think we need more information before we jump to any conclusions. However, 6 hours heavy usage sounds good to me anyway you look at it.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
So are you covinced to buy it day 1 or are you still gonna wait 2 weeks?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

No I will still wait 2 weeks because that is what I do. To see what bugs it might have and to see reviews from first day guys like yourself. I will have this phone before the end of the month..

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Think I will wait 2-3 weeks after also. I will then buy it and then return it in 14 days. By then I would hope there will be some stuff about the Vigor or Prime leaked. Then I will wait for one of those phones.

das2042

Reaction score
I'm getting this thing day 1 and if I like it I keep. If I don't, I return it. But I trust my opinion over op's when it comes to what phone I'll like. And if its a minor issue with the phone that's what ota is for.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Oxymoron

Reaction score
All the best info is currently on AC guys. Two people that actually currently have a Bionic with threads there.

*customized tapatalk signature*

googlelover

Reaction score
All the best info is currently on AC guys. Two people that actually currently have a Bionic with threads there.

Uhh I was under the impression this thread was just talking about all the stuff released on android central? The source link in the first post is to one of the threads.

Oxymoron

Reaction score
Uhh I was under the impression this thread was just talking about all the stuff released on android central? The source link in the first post is to one of the threads.

Yes, you're right. I just meant ALL of it is there. There's good info in the discussion that doesn't make it to this thread. That's all :)

Definitely check out bworley's youtube channel for all the vids.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
[video=youtube;8tcGzrie7vo]http://youtu.be/8tcGzrie7vo[/video]

[video=youtube;PT0k4uLSA4A]http://youtu.be/PT0k4uLSA4A[/video]

Last edited:
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
This is what Bworley50 just wrote:

BATTERY LIFE

Phone just died (battery). 100% brightness all day. Using it all day. Only used 4g (did not turn on wifi). Got about 6hrs 15 minutes. The battery is very, very good. For those of you expecting a "miracle" battery, you will be disappointed. For those of you who are like me (home charger, work charger, car charger), it's business as usual. Very pleased so far.

spider210

Reaction score
[video=youtube;8tcGzrie7vo]http://youtu.be/8tcGzrie7vo[/video]

[video=youtube;PT0k4uLSA4A]http://youtu.be/PT0k4uLSA4A[/video]

My gfs thunderbolt just got 31.57Mbps dl 4.26Mbps upl imagine the bionic can't get much better

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

GBH2

Reaction score
My gfs thunderbolt just got 31.57Mbps dl 4.26Mbps upl imagine the bionic can't get much better

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm sure the LTE speeds of the 2 phones are pretty comparable when they are in close proximity to a cell tower and receiving a strong signal. Bworley had said earlier that the LTE signal seemed weak at his house. I think this video shows the better signal reception capability of the Bionic v. the TBolt more than it shows anything else.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the thing with these speed test videos is that the Bionic is getting better speeds where 4G isnt that strong vs the T Bolt. The T Bolt had -91 decibels, the Bionic had -85. Thats kind of a weak reception area he's in. The T Bolt had 2 bars while the Bionic had 3.

Its like with phone reception. Motorola is known for getting a signal where most phones cant. Same thing might be the case for 4G...

EDIT: GBH2 beat me to it...lol. Thats what I get for proof reading my posts so long...