Hands On With the Bionic!!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have any links? The last 2 articles I read about induction charging showed one induction test being superior to plug charging, while the other test was nearly equal in terms of charge speed.

I'm mostly interested in the induction back for the Bionic, since it flattens the device. The humps on these last few Moto devices has really killed it for me design wise.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the quadrant benchmark is? I can't view the photos!

Sent from my Charge using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid X's screen is the worst of all the Droids, not sure what your angle is here.

What does skipping music have to do with a discussion about screen quality?

I think you are mistaken. I own the X and have a friend with the X2. He likes the phone but it has music skipping issues and the screen is subpar. Unless you think brightness makes screen quality better, qHD sucks.

And you're right, the music issue doesn't relate to the screen, I just threw that in there. I still wont own a device that has a screen worse than my X.

random rom'd X

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Have any links? The last 2 articles I read about induction charging showed one induction test being superior to plug charging, while the other test was nearly equal in terms of charge speed.

I'm mostly interested in the induction back for the Bionic, since it flattens the device. The humps on these last few Moto devices has really killed it for me design wise.

The Powermat 3X I was looking at is 5volts, took a reviewer 2.5 hours to charge from 0-100%.

MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Discussion: Wireless Charging Station Review for iPhone 4 and More: Powermat 3X Mat with Powercube
The others I looked at are questionable if they will be compatible with the door provided, different technologies are being implemented.

The Qi Pad from Energizer is cool, but very expensive...so I'm just not sold yet.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know when the Bionic's FCC documents came out, they tested a powermat as well. I'm wondering if Moto has designed one specifically for the Bionic?

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I know when the Bionic's FCC documents came out, they tested a powermat as well. I'm wondering if Moto has designed one specifically for the Bionic?

I wish, as long as it charged at least as fast and was a decent looking unit for a fair price it might be worth it, but as it stands I just can't justify it yet.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you are mistaken. I own the X and have a friend with the X2. He likes the phone but it has music skipping issues and the screen is subpar. Unless you think brightness makes screen quality better, qHD sucks.

And you're right, the music issue doesn't relate to the screen, I just threw that in there. I still wont own a device that has a screen worse than my X.

random rom'd X

qHD is the resolution. It doesn't suck.

And I wonder if anyone can find out whether the Bionic is compatible with the Atrix lapdock.

Last edited:
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
[video=youtube;x3p9DOIQ00o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3p9DOIQ00o[/video]

[video=youtube;4aZpzSjbaF8]http://youtu.be/4aZpzSjbaF8[/video]

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I know these videos can't do the screen justice or expose flaws as well as checking it out in person... but really, the one who is saying that they played with the Bionic and that the screen sucks... I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

It looks pretty good to me. Really good.

All I can deduce from those comments is that they're coming from someone that is dead set against buying the Bionic for some reason and is just trying to nit pick because theres nothing a dramatically wrong with the screen they way he was making it out to sound.

I don't understand why some people feel like they have to exaggerate like that.

J

JriderG

The Droid X's screen is the worst of all the Droids, not sure what your angle is here.

I don't think you have ever held an android device in your hand. That's just my opinion.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think you have ever held an android device in your hand. That's just my opinion.

Lol im a big fan of the dx screen

Tillmorn

Reaction score
...4G! In all seriousness though, Thursday needs to hurry up, before the entire screen on my Eris stops being responsive. Also, read somewhere that there's a 16gb micro sd pre-installed? Hope so, I could use that in my NC instead of the 8gb I currently have. As far as the screen goes...I'm an audiophile, so maybe I just don't notice small imperfections on a screen like some people, but it looks pretty damn good to me so far. At least from the few seconds the Verizon rep let me look at their's yesterday. Side note: Nice to see that their store reps are no longer claiming that the Bionic was scrapped. Though they still tried to sell me another phone, even after I said I was waiting. :dry:

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The reps at my store still don't know when it's coming. They said "very soon" and I'm like wow. :icon_ nono2:

But the screen looks fine to me. I guess we'll have to see when it's released.

J

JriderG

Lol im a big fan of the dx screen

Yea me too. I don't understand why that one Guy was bashing it. I feel like he just saw the phone on TV and made assumptions. Kids these days.