Hands Free dialing

clavilab

Reaction score
This is key functionality that should have been included with the phone. Voice Dialer HF does not work with HTC android. For that matter VDHF has become unavailable in the last couple of days, i want to see if it could be hacked into 1.5, but now it is not even available in the Droid Market. what is going on??

Is there an app that works like Voice Dialer HF for the android 1.5 available anywhere?
:motdroidvert:

Last edited:

DFXmobile

Reaction score
Voice Dialer HF should only appear in Android Market on Android 2.x-based devices. (Google is clearly working through some bugs in Market, so I'm not surprised if it showed up where it shouldn't.)

If/when Android 2.x is officially supported on your device, Voice Dialer HF should work.

Regards,
DFXmobile

mhotovec

Reaction score
What's wrong with the built in voice dialer? Press and hold the green send button (the physical button on the left side), the voice dialer comes up, tell it who you want to call.
There are other voice commands you can give there also 'battery info' for instance, is one I use.

hey_no_really

Reaction score
Hands free

I have the verizon Droid or as I refer to it "Roid", and I find it disturbing that in a rush to compete with the I phone they missed the basic primary function of a good phone. I am a commercial truck driver and I would much rather press a button once on my headset and activate voice command than to fumble with a phone while hurling down the highway at 70 mph x 80,000 pounds. Is it really so difficult to offer a software update to resolve this?