Handling

spider210

Reaction score
I have had my fascinate for 8 months or so. No scratches. Not on screen or cover. I do treat it with care. $600 phone. Who wouldn't want to take care of it. My kids play with mine all the time. They are not easy on it. Dropped it many times. No dings or scratches. I hate cases and protectors. I have this beautiful, light and thin device. Why cover it up? It is a magnet for fingerprints and smudges, but they clean off easily. Just my opinion. I do understand wanting to protect it. I pay $8 a month on insurance for that reason.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Covers are a main essential warranty coverage now very picky about signs of being dropped. Just food for thought.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Still not buying the cover story... been using my phone for a year and half with the main glass uncovered. Maybe my D1 had really good glass and the other phones are plastic covers? I don't get it.... I get the pocket filth getting into the 'lips' of your phones, but nothing could scratch my droid. Not even if I tried.

Are you guys saying your touchscreens can get scratched? Seriously? Has anyones Droid got scratched on the touchscreen? Maybe from now on I will make sure my touchscreen glass is the same is my Moto Droid's :)

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still not buying the cover story... been using my phone for a year and half with the main glass uncovered. Maybe my D1 had really good glass and the other phones are plastic covers? I don't get it.... I get the pocket filth getting into the 'lips' of your phones, but nothing could scratch my droid. Not even if I tried.

Are you guys saying your touchscreens can get scratched? Seriously? Has anyones Droid got scratched on the touchscreen? Maybe from now on I will make sure my touchscreen glass is the same is my Moto Droid's :)

My first D1 had 2. One pretty bad & one faint.

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to

My first D1 had 2. One pretty bad & one faint.

I mean I guess my friends and I got together and hacky sacked the phone for a few months...

Nope, still not seeing it.

AllForNaught

Reaction score

You're being facetious, right? There isn't a hard surface in existence that can't be easily scratched, period. Even the hardest, most dense materials and metals.

I've got a $650 titanium bridge on my Music Man guitar, and it's got a myriad of scuffs/scratches just from being taken in and out of it's gig bag/case.

Send me your amazing phone - I'll scratch it barely trying.

Also: the Samsung phones use Gorilla glass - the best on the market.

I don't know where anyone gets the idea ANYTHING hard is 'scratch proof'. These screens are certainly resilient, but only scratch resistent - not foolproof.

hecantbreathe

Reaction score

You're being facetious, right? There isn't a hard surface in existence that can't be easily scratched, period. Even the hardest, most dense materials and metals.

I've got a $650 titanium bridge on my Music Man guitar, and it's got a myriad of scuffs/scratches just from being taken in and out of it's gig bag/case.

Send me your amazing phone - I'll scratch it barely trying.

Also: the Samsung phones use Gorilla glass - the best on the market.

I don't know where anyone gets the idea ANYTHING hard is 'scratch proof'. These screens are certainly resilient, but only scratch resistent - not foolproof.

Titanium is actually easily scratched by almost anything. Try scratching tungsten, probably wont happen.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I'm not being facetious... I'm saying that I couldn't scratch my Droid 1's screen even if I tried. It's solid glass. I guess other phones have weaker screens?

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not being facetious... I'm saying that I couldn't scratch my Droid 1's screen even if I tried. It's solid glass. I guess other phones have weaker screens?

It's gorilla glass so it's pretty tough. Most phones have it now. A set of keys could scratch it though.

AllForNaught

Reaction score

I can scratch anything.

Solid glass?? Lol. So to be straight: Car windows/windshields, spectacles (which I'll point out, are made from the highest quality material), lexan, etc. are all impossible to scratch? I think you ought to rethink what you're trying to tell us, here.

Especially the Droid 1: it's perhaps one of the worst-for-wear screens I've encountered.

Sounds like you're being facetious to me.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
It's gorilla glass so it's pretty tough. Most phones have it now. A set of keys could scratch it though.

A grain of powdered sugar between your finger and the glass can scratch it. Period.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
My fascinate has a tiny micro-scratch, that I can only detect in certain light, and a certain angle.

Judging from where it's at, it looks like Angry Birds was the culprit.

I've since started using Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0 on it, with amazing results I highly recommend it.

Been using it about once every month for 4 months, and the results are astonishing.

I get yellow microfiber cloths from the same isle (automotive) at Walmart, in packs of three.

I clean the screen with Meguiar's Ultimate Detailer a couple times a week as well. It isn't like Armor All: it leaves 0 residue, contains no oils, and hardens immediately. No screen protectors necessary.

It keeps the screen in brand new condition, no swirling/haze effects, and keeps harmful moisture from sweat, food oils, and chemicals from eroding your Gorilla Glass's protective factory coating.

I don't recommend any of this for standard glass screens (Droid 1, Droid X, etc.).

AllForNaught

Reaction score