Handling

Jborch8

Reaction score
Wow... just jumping in here, but I've learned the glass on most smartphones should be (and) is more responsive to the touch... are you guys saying this phone needs a screen protector? I prefer my phones bare.... either way this phone has some defect, or you guys prefer wasting your money to 3rd party gimics. Since my original post was hijacked I will weigh in on the verdict with triumph here. And do the banana dance while I'm at it. :icon_ banana:

The latter

"When in doubt, odin."

soulshot96

Reaction score
No. I don't think it would have prevented that. Its not just a little scuff its deep. It would've probably went through the protector and still scratched the screen. It took a little nick of plastic out of the raised corner of the phone screen protector wouldn't have prevented that would it?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Wow... just jumping in here, but I've learned the glass on most smartphones should be (and) is more responsive to the touch... are you guys saying this phone needs a screen protector? I prefer my phones bare.... either way this phone has some defect, or you guys prefer wasting your money to 3rd party gimics. Since my original post was hijacked I will weigh in on the verdict with triumph here. And do the banana dance while I'm at it. :icon_ banana:

Third party gimmicks? Listen: many people like to re-sell these devices, or pass them on to family, etc. Protectors go a long way toward maintaining the value, and the Real Look brand in particular, if properly applied, are practically unnoticeable.

Screen protectors aren't 'gimmicks' and good ones have little to no effect on touch response, period.

As far as any 'defect' is concerned, that's between you and whomever you purchased your phone from.

The Fascinate has an incredibly responsive touch screen if not defective/damaged.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use the 3 for $2 ones from Amazon and i still can't tell a difference between bare and with the protector. It has no effect in my experience on touch responsivness (i tested this again and again on my d2). I just wipe it once or twice a day with those small yellow cloth wipes that come with the above mentioned protectors. Save your money and your phone

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

Jborch8

Reaction score
As stated before, if they work for you, and if you're capable of PROPERLY applying them, they SHOULD be great. I bought the invisishield ones and noticed instantly that it was like having a half-dried film of glue across the screen. Not to mention the hundreds of micro bubbles that were guaranteed to disappear after a week (which remained for a month). I didn't spend much, if any time searching for the "good" protectors. The fascinates screen is amazing in its bare form, and I hate the idea of covering it up when it does fine in with the way I handel it.

"When in doubt, odin."

Jenaht

Reaction score
As stated before, if they work for you, and if you're capable of PROPERLY applying them, they SHOULD be great. I bought the invisishield ones and noticed instantly that it was like having a half-dried film of glue across the screen. Not to mention the hundreds of micro bubbles that were guaranteed to disappear after a week (which remained for a month). I didn't spend much, if any time searching for the "good" protectors. The fascinates screen is amazing in its bare form, and I hate the idea of covering it up when it does fine in with the way I handel it.

"When in doubt, odin."
It IS an amazing screen - I didn't want to cover it either. However, the REAL LOOK protectors feel as if it's bare. I couldn't put just any protector on it. I feel better knowing that I'm protecting a very expensive investment for myself.

It does come down to personal choice. And I thought the original post/question was to handling and what not. So recommendations were made.

No hijacking..? That comment I didn't understand.

novelli

Reaction score
I use the verizon screen protectors because i KNOW i'd scratch mine up without lol...the only real downside i can say about them though is that when you take it off to replace with a new one, theres all kinds of dirt stuck on the actual screen that you have to wipe off before applying a new one. i guess i can see why you would think it'd take away from screen appearance...i just like being better off safe then sorry :)

novelli

Reaction score
*other than that, you can't tell that theres anything on the screen at all*

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I still dont understand why we can't just use the glass the phone came with...

Protecting it from what? Your fingertips? I mean, cmon, it's not like your fingertips are going to damage anything.

Give me a good moron story of someone ruining a phone from touching the glass :)

novelli

Reaction score
Ahh I got one...LG Dare...anyone remember? you'd ruin the screen by just even LOOKING at it...lol

AllForNaught

Reaction score
I still dont understand why we can't just use the glass the phone came with...

Protecting it from what? Your fingertips?

...your pockets.

Also: it's grit that gets built up on the screen that scratches it - and when you use your fingers on the grit, it rubs against the screen and scratches it.

The salt from sweat, can erode it, grease/oil from foods/chemicals/etc. Unless your O.C. and wear microfiber gloves.

I'm not joking: try Meguiar's Tech Wax 2.0 on the screen. It keeps it brand new, with no screen protector, I promise.

Jenaht

Reaction score

Really? With using the ones from Verizon?! If you like those you'll be blown away by those by REAL LOOK. seriously

To AllforNaught..might have to try that wax when this cover wears out. if it does! Does it really prevent scratching

AllForNaught

Reaction score

Really? With using the ones from Verizon?! If you like those you'll be blown away by those by REAL LOOK. seriously

To AllforNaught..might have to try that wax when this cover wears out. if it does! Does it really prevent scratching

Yes. When/if you get some pm me and I'll explain what exactly I do and how frequenty.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
I think u dnt need a screen protector mayb a cover for the back yeah cuse its plastic and more likely to get scratched but not the screen and its looks way better without screen protector and the glass feels nice thick and smooth

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

rdgxray

Reaction score
I have had my fascinate for 8 months or so. No scratches. Not on screen or cover. I do treat it with care. $600 phone. Who wouldn't want to take care of it. My kids play with mine all the time. They are not easy on it. Dropped it many times. No dings or scratches. I hate cases and protectors. I have this beautiful, light and thin device. Why cover it up? It is a magnet for fingerprints and smudges, but they clean off easily. Just my opinion. I do understand wanting to protect it. I pay $8 a month on insurance for that reason.