Handing down Droid 1 (stock)- Need help preparing for new user

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by c1im8er, Dec 20, 2011.

1. c1im8er

c1im8er New Member

I just purchased the Galaxy Nexus and will be handing down/up my Original unrooted Droid 1 to my father. Before doing so I want to get it in tip-top condition. I found this thread: "If you have FC, lag, sounds, etc and think your og droid HW is failing - READ THIS. Indeed, my Droid had been having these symptoms including the lag, crazy static sounds, etc. So from my reading it appears that I need to follow this method instead of simply doing a hard reset. I don't want to root the phone, only use an .sbf file to get the phone completely, and truly back to factory settings. So my plan is:

1. Follow the instructions in the above linked thread and at the article: How To: Unroot the Motorola Droid | TheUnlockr that was linked to in that thread.

2. Do not continue with the process to root the device. I will just leave it as is after following the instructions at theunlockr.com

Questions:

a) Does this seem like a reasonable approach?

b) What is the most reliable source for getting the correct .sbf file and most recent RSD lite program? I want to make sure the sbf file I'm getting is unmodified and is truly the stock file with no additions or subtractions. Currently the phone is on Android version 2.2.3, Build FRK76. If I can't get the .sbf file for FRK76 it is my understanding that if I use an earlier version the OTA update back to FRK76 will be pushed to the phone by Verizon.

c) Please let me know if I have violated rules/protocol by asking for help finding .sbf and RSD lite. I am very paranoid about such things and I will edit my post ASAP if I have done anything that is not permissible.

d) If anyone has an easier, more straightforward way of accomplishing what I wish to do, please let me know. Thank you very much for your help!
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Just so I am clear. Right now you are on the latest and you are rooted correct?
  3. c1im8er

c1im8er New Member

No. I am not rooted. However, I am on the latest firmware. I'm not looking to root- just want to get the factory image flashed to help solve the problems which I'm having as described in the "If you have FC, lag, sounds, etc...." post. I figured the best way to do that would be to follow the first part of the instructions to get the phone back to stock and not continue with the directions for rooting.
  4. JSM9872

Ok sorry, now I got you. I missed the part where you said about your issues. And I was looking there in that thread, it seems like everything you need is there.

The only thing you may need is RSD Lite. For that just Google RSD Lite and see what versions you get. The one I have always used is 4.9 and have had very good luck with it. You could try a newer version but being an older device and running an older .sbf it shouldn't be necessary.
  5. c1im8er

c1im8er New Member

I've been trying to get this to work but I'm running into some problems. I'm using RSD Lite 5.0 because it was the easiest one for me to find. The bootloader is 2C.7C. Originally when I tried to flash the "start" button was grayed out and I couldn't start the process. Following some suggestions on another forum I copied the file to c:/ and shortened the name to "abc.sbf". This solved the start button problem. However, when I click start, I get an error message: "Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. (0x7100); phone connected". I'm using Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate with the updated motorola drivers. Repeated restarts of the computer and the phone have failed to alleviate the problem. Anyone have any suggestions?
  6. JSM9872

Sorry but I had a very very long day at work today.

Well I am not terribly good at trouble shooting for SBF issues and I do not know which .sbf you need for that boot loader. I only know a couple things to try out. First, try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for your device. Try a different version of RSD because sometimes that helps. And last but not least try another computer.
  7. bryantjopplin

bryantjopplin Member

I literally have somewhere between 10 and 15 gigs of downloads from the og droid. I could probably find the stock 2.2 sbf and give you a 4.6 rsdlite I think thats what it is lol. I don't delete anything. Anywhere from 2.0 to 2.3.7 for it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  8. Axium

Axium New Member

Aye I also have a rom warehouse on my media fire.. will have links when I get home though

9. c1im8er

c1im8er New Member

10. bryantjopplin

bryantjopplin Member

if you give me a few i might get it up today

11. JSM9872

12. jrracinfan

jrracinfan Member

You are getting driver issues. Sounds as though they are not installed, here's the drivers you would need to properly sbf flash the droid:
    usbdriver.zip
    After you sbf flash, it will need to be reactivated by dialing *228. If you have service currently and no replacement device right now, I suggest you wait doing this until your new one is activated for your plan.
  13. c1im8er

c1im8er New Member

Thanks!

Thank you all for the files and the advice! Everything worked properly and I now have an original Motorola Droid ready for a new first-time smartphone user. The community on this board is fantastic.

Thanks again!
  14. bryantjopplin

bryantjopplin Member

No problem

Sent From My Sexy Nexy
  15. JSM9872

No problem!! Glad we were able to pull together and help you out :)
Search tags for this page
2.2.3 frk76 download
download droid 1 2.2.3 firmware

droid frk76 sbf

frk76

frk76 sbf

sbf firmware 2.2.3