Handcent?

Crispy

Reaction score
So I kept reading great things about "handcent", so I downloaded it, but I can't figure out what it's exactly for? Is it for people who text a lot? I text maybe 3 times a month, so maybe it's not the app for me?

hanano17

Reaction score
Yeah it's a text app. I like it better than the stock messeging app, but I also text a lot. It has a few features the stock one doesn't have; text lay out, quick replies, more customization, etc.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
What I like best about the app is it lets you select multiple contacts for one message. So if you want to forward something to several people you can select the ones you want then it adds them. Great app. One thing I didn't like was that when a message comes through it instantly shows it on your screen. Not a good privacy thing.

hanano17

Reaction score
One thing I didn't like was that when a message comes through it instantly shows it on your screen. Not a good privacy thing.

I like this feature a lot actually, lets me do a quick response without having to unlock the phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
One thing I didn't like was that when a message comes through it instantly shows it on your screen. Not a good privacy thing.

I like this feature a lot actually, lets me do a quick response without having to unlock the phone.
love the feature too.

my old phone didn't hide texts either so it didn't matter to me.

though i do have to agree, privacy is invaded if someone is looking at your phone and you suddenly get a text, but that's what happens when you leave it in the open.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I agree, I like the feature. How ever I work on the water in the summer months and my phone stays in my office in its charging cradle. There can be anywhere from 1-10 others in and out of my office all day. I just don't want then looking at my phone so I will have to get used to the high tech dot locking system on this device to secure my phone while i'm out on the water. Great text app though all the way.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
just browsing through the settings and noticed you can turn that pop up mode off, at least in unlock screen.

settings (in handcent obviously) > popup settings > privacy mode > on.

it disables handcent from showing the popup while the phone is locked and only tells you in the notification bar.

edit: in the "popup settings" > restrict popup may work too. not sure though, haven't gotten a text since i had these settings.

Last edited: