handcent

pandaboy50

Reaction score
I'm a new member :D

I receive a text and when I open it, it opens it with the droid's default messenger rather than handcent is there anyway I can get it so that it will open it with handcent?

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
it will ask you to use messenger or handset....tap handset....check default....done

OP
P

pandaboy50

Reaction score
I figured out how to turn off the notifications but when I get a text and it pops up on my screen I open it to reply to it but it opens it in messages rather than handcent.

M

Matth3w

I figured out how to turn off the notifications but when I get a text and it pops up on my screen I open it to reply to it but it opens it in messages rather than handcent.

I retract my first post in this thread, that is pretty odd.

nerdbox08

Reaction score

As the poster above you said: Have you set Handcent as your default messaging app?

Go to your Contacts -> Long press one -> Text Contact -> Click the check mark and select Handcent as the handler for messaging.

Try that out and see if it works for replies also.

Let us know :)

GotnFX

Reaction score

If I am not mistaken, the popup feature IS handcent. Assuming you have assigned it as your default, this is a quick reply popup screen. If you don't like it, go into settings and uncheck popup. You should only get notifications in the notification bar then.

nerdbox08

Reaction score

If I am not mistaken, the popup feature IS handcent. Assuming you have assigned it as your default, this is a quick reply popup screen. If you don't like it, go into settings and uncheck popup. You should only get notifications in the notification bar then.

The popup is Handcent, that being said, I remember having a problem with the popup myself before I disabled it. It would go to default messaging, then I played with it for a while, it worked correctly then I disabled it. This was some time ago, so the actual set up might have changed since then.

OP
P

pandaboy50

Reaction score
I am hoping this fixes the problem I have been having. I haven't gotten a text in a while. go figure. I move from a iphone to a sleek droid and everyone is busy heh so is life

firehousejames

Reaction score
I have been back and forth on Handcent. Installing and deleting numerous times. The "Batch Feature" is great and you can customize your messaging to do many cool things with skins, led light changes, signatures, etc. I have had a problem with receiving a text message from one person and handcent thinking it was someone else. The other day i replied to one person thinking it was another and told them to be at a meeting an hour earlier. I'm sure it's some user error, but I just became frustrated because text messages have gotten confused before on Handcent, so I finally deleted. Great program, it just doesn't work for me.