Handcent vs the incredible

lisasha3

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeat - I did search for the answer here and found nothing. Downloaded Handcent to replace messaging on my incredible. have customized and gone through all settings. Everything working great with one exception. The stock messaging service showed a small number right on the icon on your home screen to show you how many messages were new. I have NO number icon on my home screen for the handcent app. I really miss that small thing cause at a glance I knew exact number of e-mails and messages I had to go through as I have both right on my home screen.
Thanks!
Lisa

ljholland

Reaction score
Just an FYI.....I used Handcent when I had a Droid 1. It chewed the battery up something fierce! Maybe it's fixed now - I'm not sure.

cwzwack

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeat - I did search for the answer here and found nothing. Downloaded Handcent to replace messaging on my incredible. have customized and gone through all settings. Everything working great with one exception. The stock messaging service showed a small number right on the icon on your home screen to show you how many messages were new. I have NO number icon on my home screen for the handcent app. I really miss that small thing cause at a glance I knew exact number of e-mails and messages I had to go through as I have both right on my home screen.
Thanks!
Lisa
On the homescreen, did you place the app or the icon widget?

OP
L

lisasha3

Reaction score
actually not sure! Good point. I will delete and pull another forward. Which should it be? The actual app? or the widget?

cwzwack

Reaction score
The widget as it shows the number of unread messages, I'm pretty sure at least

OP
L

lisasha3

Reaction score
Yuppers!! That was it!! all better now. Thanks!!! :)