Handcent Trouble Again!

Dxun

Reaction score
OK so yesterday i decided to update Handcent. After installing the update, and trying to open it, i get a message saying Application is not installed on your phone. This opened up a bunch of issues for me yesterday which i wasn't pleased about. Is anyone else having this issue? I have BB V.9, Steves Kernel, and smoked glass on here.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Hey Dxun, have you tried finding handcent under the application manager? You can get there by hitting menu>settings>applications>Manage applications> Then hit menu>filter>all then locate handcent. I think it's under handcent sms. If you select what info does it give you? is it even there?

OP
D

Dxun

Reaction score
Only thing i see in there are the 4 Handcent Font pacakes i have, and a 60 KB file named com.handcent.nextsms. This thing is driving me nutz.

korp

Reaction score
Try opening market ... I got that message when I was installing an update, opened market and then it installed.

Skid

Reaction score
I first really liked Handcent, but then I kept getting the same msg from the same person. Most of the time it was just double, but I did get the same txt msg 8 times on several occasions. The last straw was when it said I had 2 new msg when I didn't have any. I deleted all txt, and it still says 2 new. I took battery out, still the same. Uninstalled and then reinstalled, with the same result. Trying out Chompsms now.

BigRalphN

Reaction score
handcent

I first really liked Handcent, but then I kept getting the same msg from the same person. Most of the time it was just double, but I did get the same txt msg 8 times on several occasions. The last straw was when it said I had 2 new msg when I didn't have any. I deleted all txt, and it still says 2 new. I took battery out, still the same. Uninstalled and then reinstalled, with the same result. Trying out Chompsms now.

Go to the handcent forums. This is an error checking issue with the Verizon net in most cases. There is an error checking feature that needs turned off in the setups. They tell you where it is. Once you do this it works fine. I played with it a whole day before I was smart enough to go there.