Handcent Timestamp Issues

tam5070

Reaction score
I love Handcent SMS over the stock texting (originally I thought what could be wrong the texting is threaded and it looks fine, but you were all right and I realize that now).

My issue is that it can't play nicely with the time stamps. It either stamps texts with the wrong time (Wrong by hours minutes, days sometimes). It also will put them out of order chronologically if it messes up the timestamp. For example say I have two text threads from 5 pm and 6 pm. I get a new text at 7 pm, but it time stamps it with say 4 pm. The two read messages would ques up at the top with the NEW unread text showing up third in the list. Make sense?

Anyway ... is there anyway to fix this? I'm running the leaked Froyo rooted from P3Droid and still ODEX'd

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm rooted with a Droid. I use Handcent and I've not had any issues with time stamps.

Mike

tobytl

Reaction score
Yea, I've not experienced this personally (and I txt alot, srsly alot, 3k-4k in slow months), but it is a reported problem, and my cousin's X gets this too. The only difference between my phone, and my cousin's, is that I deoodexed froyo, and customized some files. I also rooted using a diff method, which played hell when I deodexed using the files in the hacks section, but I doubt it would make a difference in this case.

And, at least on his phone, this problem affects every SMS app other than the stock app.

At this point, it's probably best to chalk it up to the froyo leak. It wasn't official, is not supported, and almost certainly not actually done.

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
just update your handcent app. this was a known bug on droid x's running 2.2 and they fixed it with an update yesterday.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
just update your handcent app. this was a known bug on droid x's running 2.2 and they fixed it with an update yesterday.

Thanks for the tip. I have a Droid and was not aware that the X was having this issue.

Mike