Handcent text suggestions stopped working

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by iesous2, Dec 8, 2009.

1. iesous2

iesous2 Guest

After downloading my handcent update I stopped recieving the word suggestions as I typed. Does anyone know how to re enable it?? TYIA
  2. Anomander

Anomander New Member

Can you tell me what version you have? Mine is 2.9.20 I did not see an update for it today. Word suggestion have been working fine for me. Looking through the options I do not see a word suggestion option, which makes me think it is probably named something else. If all else fails I would unistall that app and reinstall and see if that does the trick.
  3. iesous2

iesous2 Guest

I have 221 or had until u allerted me of the never version. I'm going to download the 2.9.21 version and see if it corrects my problem. TYIA :reddroid:
  4. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

I have 2.9.21 and it will not show "suggestions" if you are in the address box (logical), but works just fine one I get to the message section.
  5. iesous2

iesous2 Guest

Hey Anomander, I downloaded the new version update, uninstalled it reinstalled it, turned the phone off and on and I still don't have it :mad: There are no options for it to turn it off and on so I'm not sure why it's not working.
  6. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

From the desktop (not Handcent) go to settings then keyboards. If you are using the Android keyboard you will see an option for keyboard settings. That is where you turn on/off the suggestions
  7. Anomander

Anomander New Member

I updated to the .21 version (had .20) and everything works fine for me. Not sure why you are having problems. Jaymonster's post sounds like a good thing to check.
  8. iesous2

iesous2 Guest

That was it!!!!! Jaymonster U rock :) I now text at lightening speeds again :icon_ banana:
Search tags for this page
android word suggestion not working

handcent text suggesgions

handcent word suggestions

how do i get my phone to stop suggesting words on handcent
how to turn on suggestions on handcent sms
my display suggestions on texting does not work

surface text suggestions stop working

why did handcent texting stop working
why did the handcent rail stop working

why does my handcent stop working in the middle of a sentenc

word suggest stopped working on android