Handcent text suggestions stopped working

I

iesous2

After downloading my handcent update I stopped recieving the word suggestions as I typed. Does anyone know how to re enable it?? TYIA

Anomander

Reaction score
Can you tell me what version you have? Mine is 2.9.20 I did not see an update for it today. Word suggestion have been working fine for me. Looking through the options I do not see a word suggestion option, which makes me think it is probably named something else. If all else fails I would unistall that app and reinstall and see if that does the trick.

OP
I

iesous2

Can you tell me what version you have? Mine is 2.9.20 I did not see an update for it today. Word suggestion have been working fine for me. Looking through the options I do not see a word suggestion option, which makes me think it is probably named something else. If all else fails I would unistall that app and reinstall and see if that does the trick.
I have 221 or had until u allerted me of the never version. I'm going to download the 2.9.21 version and see if it corrects my problem. TYIA :reddroid:

JayMonster

Reaction score
I have 2.9.21 and it will not show "suggestions" if you are in the address box (logical), but works just fine one I get to the message section.

OP
I

iesous2

Hey Anomander, I downloaded the new version update, uninstalled it reinstalled it, turned the phone off and on and I still don't have it :mad: There are no options for it to turn it off and on so I'm not sure why it's not working.

JayMonster

Reaction score
From the desktop (not Handcent) go to settings then keyboards. If you are using the Android keyboard you will see an option for keyboard settings. That is where you turn on/off the suggestions

Anomander

Reaction score
Hey Anomander, I downloaded the new version update, uninstalled it reinstalled it, turned the phone off and on and I still don't have it :mad: There are no options for it to turn it off and on so I'm not sure why it's not working.
I updated to the .21 version (had .20) and everything works fine for me. Not sure why you are having problems. Jaymonster's post sounds like a good thing to check.

OP
I

iesous2

That was it!!!!! Jaymonster U rock :) I now text at lightening speeds again :icon_ banana: