handcent sms

gauge

Reaction score
I download this app and I love it. Thanks to this forum. But my question is how do I turn off/delete the other one so I dont get the same message twice?

anabolix

Reaction score
When you get a message, there should be something that pops up to let you select the handcent sms or regular sms to read the text message. Below those two options should say "make default" or something, before you choose handcent, click on "make default" and then handcent.

This will make handcent your main messaging program so the original messaing program doesn't interfere anymore.

hope i helped.

Troy

Reaction score
and you have to go into Messaging, Settings, and turn off Notifications

OP
G

gauge

Reaction score
I have done that and I still continue to get the same message twice.

Nemisis

Reaction score
I assume you want to use Handcent as your default messaging system so you need to go into the Stock Messaging app and Click the Menu button, cick Settings. Scroll down and uncheck the box next to Notifications.

mad3963

Reaction score
how do i download home ++? i dont see it in the market.

Try searching for Home++ or Home++ beta. Either way it should be the first or only one in the search results. Just tried it myself, that is how it came up.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
how do i download home ++? i dont see it in the market.

search for "Home++"..... no space between Home and the +'s.
developer is "Intuitit"

actual Market listed name is "Home++ beta"

hope this helps!

mike62

Reaction score
I eliminated the two notifications and I may be wrong about this but when I get my initial text message it looks like it pops up in the default program but when I get started in the thread it is the "iPhone" look thread which is fine.

I can deal with all that but the first alert text box is WAY to small. I don't see a setting to increase the box or font size. I mean it uses only 1/3 maybe of the screen when it pops up at first, if that.

Also, are all the Handcent font packages ok or which one is best to add?

Thanks.

MAzing87

Reaction score
Troy is correct. Open up the Messaging app, go to settings within it, and turn off your notifications. I don't have any pop ups enabled on mine so I don't remember much about enabling/disabling pop ups. When I get a text, Handcent only shows up. One of the best Text apps out!

backlash

Reaction score
Can you configured Handcent to grab your google voice sms messages?

I don't text from my mobile #, as I don't have a texting "plan" and don't want to get charged. But I am using google voice's SMS feature to send texts to people.............and they text back to my google voice #...............can handcent do this instead of the Google Voice app?