Handcent SMS vs. Chomp SMS

zero7starz

Reaction score
For every bug handcent seems to have, there is an update soon to follow- thats one thing that I /love/ about it :) Besides giving me the option to change the color of absolutely everything on it.

M

Matth3w

One damn thing I wish Handcent would update, is a warning near the notification checkbox telling people to uncheck their notification box in the stock messaging application like ChompSMS does so we don't get three people per day asking why they are getting double notifications.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to email them and suggest that.

biteme

Reaction score
Math3w, Handcent also allows you to do vibrate when the phone is set to that setting too.

M

Matth3w

I switched back to Handcent because it plays nice with myLock.

M

Matth3w

I like Chomp but it just didn't play nice with myLock. Otherwise I'd still be using it.

lockman

Reaction score
Been using Handcent since day one. Never had a single problem. It's like Matth3w said in another thread- every phone is different, so everyone is going to have different app interactions.
See no reason to try Chomp.

D3C4F

Reaction score
I only use Handcent because it splits up the long text messages for you. Never used Chomp. Otherwise I'd just use the stock...

M

Matth3w

Only reason I use one at all is because of the "vibrate only when ringer is set to vibrate" setting.