1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Handcent SMS Speech-to-Emoticon

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by danielkr, Mar 31, 2011.

1. danielkr

danielkr New Member

Hello, so I just started using this app the other day. I've been speaking my text messages into the phone because I hate the onscreen keyboard and its faster to talk to it.

I received a text message from my daughter with a smiley emoticon, she is on a phone from Cricket and it isn't an Android or an iPhone its kind of a knockoff Blackberry looking thing.

So I said into the phone "how do you put smileys in your text message" she says she has a button that she pushes that puts the ": - )" into her message.

I said back "my phone shows an actual smileyface when you send it" well wouldn't you know my text message comes up with ": - )" and when I hit send it comes out as an emoticon!

So I've been looking for the speech shortcuts for the rest of them and having no luck. I tried to say "sadface" and "laughface" and they didn't work either.

Does anyone have a table of Speech-To-Emoticons that I can reference?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel
Search tags for this page
android speech to text emoticon

android speech to text emoticons

android talk to text emoticons
android voice texting emoticons
android voice to text smileys
google speech to text emoticon
how do you voice text emoticon
speach to text face
speaking android emoticons