Handcent SMS Problem: Losing Messages (Droid 1, unrooted)

Large Farva

Reaction score
So I've been using Handcent pretty much since I got my phone over the summer and have loved it. Recently though (this weekend) I noticed that I lost a few messages. The phone would receive the message, show it in the notification bar but then when I go to read it in Handcent it wouldn't show up. It's happened three different times now. I've received a lot of other messages in between each occurrence and I haven't changed any of my settings. Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea what's happening?

OP
L

Large Farva

Reaction score
Bump, I had this happen again today. I checked to see if there was a "delete old messages" setting in Handcent's preferences but couldn't find any. I realize that there is probably a setting somewhere I haven't found but I feel like there should be some sort of warning when you reach the maximum number of old messages allowed instead of just deleting everything.

OP
L

Large Farva

Reaction score
Also I just had two messages completely disappear. They showed up at first but now are gone. I restarted my phone and one showed up at first but then disappeared again. All my other messages show up just fine. I checked in my stock messaging app and the missing mesages show up there but not in Handcent.

Anyone? Bueller?

senordeuce

Reaction score
I've seen this too

I can't be much help on a solution but I've seen this problem. I recently had a conversation over text via the pop-up, and then when I look at the stream it's only my side of the conversation. No idea what's causing it but I can tell you it's not just you.

HavoC

Reaction score
I can't give you a definitive answer but I have also had different issues with handcent, mainly with it resending messages that I had sent days ago after rebooting my phone. My advice: stop using it, that's what I did.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bump, I had this happen again today. I checked to see if there was a "delete old messages" setting in Handcent's preferences but couldn't find any. I realize that there is probably a setting somewhere I haven't found but I feel like there should be some sort of warning when you reach the maximum number of old messages allowed instead of just deleting everything.
The "delete old messages" setting is in the stock messaging app.