1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Handcent SMS is not functioning right

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR M' started by amkor, Jun 20, 2013.

1. amkor

amkor New Member

I d/l this app couple weeks ago. It's current version is 4.9.1.

Lately it acts weird: My phone wakes up with a screen splash showing me an incoming text message, but what I read is the previous message from earlier in the day, even from the night before... I must scroll to the side to see the latest message. This has been consistently happening lately with ALL incoming messages... I wonder if this is an app issue, my phone, or Verizon... But it sure is annoying, especially when such message arrives while I'm driving...

Any suggestion would be appreciated...
  2. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator Premium Member

I haven't used Handcent in awhile, but I believe it's an app issue. If you never opened the text and just read it on the pop-up, then the app still thinks it's unread. So if you get another text from that person later, it just tacks it onto the "back" of that person's thread on the pop-up... if that makes sense? Not sure if there's a setting that will help that or not withing digging a bit more...
  3. amkor

amkor New Member

Yes, I guess I have to tap on the small X on the top right corner... It's a bit small, and doesn't always respond... Still, I'd expect the app to always show the latest message, just MY logic, though....
  4. amkor

amkor New Member

Also, the phone sometimes doesn't seem to realize that I chose Handcent to be my default SMS app, and from time to time reverts back to the stock app.
Search tags for this page
hack into my handcent on s4

handcent for razr m

handcent incoming messages not showing
handcent popup not working s4
handcent razr m
handcent sms
handcent sms download for motorola razr m not showing up
handcent sms for android razr m
handcent sms razr m issues
handcent sms services issues
motorola razr m handset sms