Handcent SMS is not functioning right

amkor

Reaction score
I d/l this app couple weeks ago. It's current version is 4.9.1.

Lately it acts weird: My phone wakes up with a screen splash showing me an incoming text message, but what I read is the previous message from earlier in the day, even from the night before... I must scroll to the side to see the latest message. This has been consistently happening lately with ALL incoming messages... I wonder if this is an app issue, my phone, or Verizon... But it sure is annoying, especially when such message arrives while I'm driving...

Any suggestion would be appreciated...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't used Handcent in awhile, but I believe it's an app issue. If you never opened the text and just read it on the pop-up, then the app still thinks it's unread. So if you get another text from that person later, it just tacks it onto the "back" of that person's thread on the pop-up... if that makes sense? Not sure if there's a setting that will help that or not withing digging a bit more...

OP
A

amkor

Reaction score
Yes, I guess I have to tap on the small X on the top right corner... It's a bit small, and doesn't always respond... Still, I'd expect the app to always show the latest message, just MY logic, though....

OP
A

amkor

Reaction score
Also, the phone sometimes doesn't seem to realize that I chose Handcent to be my default SMS app, and from time to time reverts back to the stock app.