Handcent SMS and Live wallpapers don't like each other?

Big Cam

Reaction score
So I have the OTA 2.1 update from Verizon, never rooted.

When using the VU meter live wallpaper that comes with 2.1 and it's in the moto dock, and I get a pop up for a text message from handcent, sometimes my typing doesnt show up in the dialog box, but once I hit back, it is there, and also my wallpaper reverts back to the last non-live wallpaper I had.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Reaction score
The handcent the handcent app is only like that because it has so many customizable features that have to load onto it everytime u receive a text, btw which live wallpaper do u like?:D

loboblanco

Reaction score
Yes, I have the exact same problem with some of the live wallpapers and Handcent, the pop ups make it revert to the last non-live wallpaper.

OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

Reaction score
The handcent the handcent app is only like that because it has so many customizable features that have to load onto it everytime u receive a text, btw which live wallpaper do u like?:D
I usually switch between the VU meter when listening to music.

Then the smoke one and the one with the red lines going across the screen.

prisoner34

Reaction score
i had the same problem, i just deleted Handscent, kinda got sick of it anyway

BeyondReality

Reaction score
Someone else on the other forum said they contacted the developer and they told them to go to: Handcent > Settings > Popup Settings > and uncheck Blur Background. I just did it, it seemed to work so far.

FoxZia

Reaction score
Even I have the blur background enabled, I am not having any issues with Handcent & Live Wallpaper that I just downloaded.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I haven't used the pop up. I like my texts being discreetly in the notification menu until I can check them.

BAM52

Reaction score
same issue

i have 2.1 and use the live wallpapers (ive tried a few of them) and when i get the popup from handcent, the soft keyboard dissappears, looks like the phone freezes, then everythings back to normal but i have my old (not live) wallpaper back.

i unchecked the "blur background" and well see how it holds up. so far, i received one text, and the background reverted to the old one but only while i was typing the text. once i sent it and handcent was off the screen, my live wallpaper came back. thats acceptable lol

BAM52

Reaction score
annnnd it just happened. was typing a text in the popup and the phone froze, background reverted. :( anyone else know of another solution or if a fix is in the works? id hate to have to turn off the popup, but i love the live background

Reaction score
I turned pop up off in handcent. I hated that it poped up with the last message. When I had a live wallpaper set I never had any problems with popup turned off, so I would try that.

FoxZia

Reaction score
I have changed at least 6 different live wallpapers... three from the market. I am not having any problems.

J*Bishop

Reaction score
I have changed at least 6 different live wallpapers... three from the market. I am not having any problems.

so what you're saying is that when you receive a txt msg and the pop up msg appears you can see your live wallpaper working in the background?

FoxZia

Reaction score

so what you're saying is that when you receive a txt msg and the pop up msg appears you can see your live wallpaper working in the background?

Yep. But when the pop up appears, the background would be darken. Still, I can see the background still working.

FoxZia

Reaction score
Now, I am having problem! I had "Magic Smoke" on and I was just texting to my friend. I can't see my own typings. The Live Wallpaper disappeared and now I am back to normal wallpaper. Weird!