Handcent SMS and Lite Flow Not Cutting It

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by zunebuggy, Jun 28, 2012.

1. zunebuggy

zunebuggy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK I've tried Handcent SMS and Lite Flow and neither will do what I want. My last phone was a Blackberry Storm and although I complained about it alot, it had one feature I really liked. I want to have separate Ringtones, Email Notifications and SMS Notifications per contact. I don't care so much about the color of the LED (although that is nice too), but I liked hearing a specific sound and knowing that was a text message from "Bob", or another sound would let me know I had an email from "Bob" and "Bob" had his own ringtone. Lite Flow will do the SMS and Ringtone, but not the email. I read that Handcent could do it but I got it and don't see anywhere I can set any sounds per contact. When I was in the Verizon store the associate assured me it could do this feature. I have my phone for two reasons only... to keep myself organized and for communications. I don't play games, watch moves or listen to music with it. I generally like the Bionic better than the BB Storm. The on screen keyboard is definitely better. I just want my contact sound scheme back and all will be right again. The color LED feature is just icing.

:biggrin:

Thank you

2. gsDroid

gsDroid Member

Ratings:
    +3
    What didn't Handcent SMS do? You can set individual notification sounds. As for ringtones, you can assign a separate ringtone to any contact. Don't know about e-mails.

#2 gsDroid, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  3. bigred8380

bigred8380 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Handcent does do this for you, watch this vid...the girl doing the vid is terrible at voiceing tutorials, but at about 6 min in, she shows you how to set seperate ringtones per contact.

4. jwilly216

jwilly216 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    None of these apps work to make the led blink faster on my bionic. It's the one thing I've never been able to figure out

5. INCREMENTAL

INCREMENTAL Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I have liteflow on my Bionic and it works just fine on everything including my 2 email accounts so I'm believing ur doing something wrong or overlooking something. On the actual phone u have to turn the notifications off in the email areas and text area then go into lite flow and enable them n there or it won't work right.

6. jwilly216

jwilly216 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I'll mess with it again tonight and see if I can get it to work...

7. darkstarsinner

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been using Handcent for a while and it's one of the best. I just recently switched to gosms for reasons I'm not sure of but it's pretty nice to.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

8. jwilly216

jwilly216 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Nope still no luck. Light flow changes the color of my notification but I cannot get it to blink faster

9. josh1980

josh1980 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I seem to remember someone asking about an app that makes the LED blink faster/slower and nobody could get it to work. This was 1-4 months ago if I remember correctly.

Search tags for this page

handcent notifications not working

handcent sms and samsung galaxy s3 led

handcent sms led light not working

how do you change led color on samsung rush
how to get handcent to work on light flow
led color change samsung galaxy s3 handcent
light flow and handcent
light flow not working with handcent
lightflow handcent sms
setting up light flow to work with handcent