Handcent -- repeating msgs?

bodean

Reaction score
I send msgs to my friends with handcent, and they are are getting double msgs. Its almost like the phone is sending a text msg with the default app, and handcent is sending a msg. Any way to fix this? I am only using handcent.

LordKastle

Reaction score
No.. must just be a network error.

A couple weeks back I received the text message of "Actually yeah lol" about 8 times in a 12 hour period. The person was not sending the message that many times.

LordKastle

Reaction score
unless this is more common than simply what i said...anyone else having trouble with duplicates in Handcent? i'd like to know whether i should keep an eye on it or not.

nyijedi

Reaction score
I've been having problems receiving duplicate texts in the native messaging app on my Droid. Verizon just opened up a ticket for me.

davidbehrns

Reaction score
It isn't Handscent, the native droid text messenger does this too I get them all the time so I upgraded to Handscent in hopes it would fix the problem. Needless to say it didn't. A re-boot seems to help for a while but they start back up again. I have friends tell me that I'm sending repeats as well.

davidbehrns

Reaction score
A little more testing

I have found the majority of repeating messages happen when I am composing a message at the same time. I'll be typing and see my friend's message come in again. I wonder if some resource or cache isn't getting locked behind the scenes.

MrWoodcox

Reaction score
I have chomp sms and people tell me the same thing including that I repeat messages, they come out of order, or just today that they get delayed and I send responses in at noon the next day from 10 pm the night before when I actually sent it. This is getting increasingly annoying and doesnt seem to be letting up on its own. think about this: u meet a girl for the first time, get her number, text her.... there goes that relationship. (hey, hey, hey, hey, hey....) dancedroid

-Droid X

projectrang

Reaction score
mine will do that some. i noticed usually when mine will do it, my phone thinks that the message didnt send when it actually did. it continues to send until it recognizes that the message went through. when i go into handcent, i hit menu, more, undelivered messages. thats where they are for me if theyre repeating themselves

davidbehrns

Reaction score
mine will do that some. i noticed usually when mine will do it, my phone thinks that the message didnt send when it actually did. it continues to send until it recognizes that the message went through. when i go into handcent, i hit menu, more, undelivered messages. thats where they are for me if theyre repeating themselves

I have had the same thing happen with the standard messenger client. I don't think it is a Handcent thing I think it is a Verizon/Droid thing.

sportadic22

Reaction score
its Verizon... i have had this issue for years with smart and non-smart phones.