handcent question

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
OK, Where are my handcent pros. I downloaded handcent sms. I liked it but the problem is when I get a message my phone notify s me twice and I get the message through handcent and trough my default messenger. Can this e fixed to where only handcent runs my text and messages or will I have both? I feel there is a setting or an easy fix I am missing somewhere. Thanks in advance for everyones replies.

Also, today I recorded a 10sec video with my droid. When I went to send it via text message it said file to large cannot attach. What do I need to do? I had this issue with pics and went in and set my camera settings to normal and that problem was fixed. How do I change the video settings?

Last edited:

FoFa

Reaction score
you should search, and/or read the install instructions, or READ ME or whatever it is called. Tells you to disable the notifications in the regular messaging to stop double notifications.

LordKastle

Reaction score
just go in to the default messenger and access the settings. turn off the notifications and only Handcent will notify.

OP
jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your help. I will try that.

almostfriday

Reaction score
Thanks I found it after I posted it. It was sort of misleading by unchecking.
Said.... display message notification in status bar. I'm a newbie. Sure is better than my
BB Storm 2
Jim

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
I'm trying to disable the native messaging app too, but having problems. In the settings of Messaging, I have Auto-retrieve turned off, and also Notifications turned off, but I still get a message from the program every time a text message is sent to me. Is there something I'm missing? I have Handcent and just want to use that program.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm trying to disable the native messaging app too, but having problems. In the settings of Messaging, I have Auto-retrieve turned off, and also Notifications turned off, but I still get a message from the program every time a text message is sent to me. Is there something I'm missing? I have Handcent and just want to use that program.
I'm a little unclear on your issue but if you are saying that the native messaging app is still showing texts thats normal.

You shouldn't be getting double notifications though. Again texts will show up in both Handcent and the native app. .

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
FYI, both of your questions are answered in quite a few threads.

Also, today I recorded a 10sec video with my droid. When I went to send it via text message it said file to large cannot attach. What do I need to do? I had this issue with pics and went in and set my camera settings to normal and that problem was fixed. How do I change the video settings?
With the camera in video mode adjust the settings.

YJewelle

Reaction score
Is there a way I can see the sent time on a text message like the stock app has? I looked through all the settings but can't seem to find it. Thanks!

silverfang77

Reaction score
My Handcent shows a time and date stamp right above messages sent and received in the chat windows.