handcent question.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
how do i change the application theme? i only get the option for black or light. would like to change it to my home screen picture just like i have in the bubbles? thanks in advance..

gatewayad

Reaction score
Settings> Bubble Settings> Background Settings, click use picture then select picture
you can put anything you have back there.
Hope this helps

raven1911

Reaction score
If you are in Android mode then you will not be able to see the background if selected. It is either black or white. Bubble setting is different though. I tend to lean towards Android mode of conversation. Simple and quick.

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i got the bubble setting down. trying to get the screen that shows all your texts. like when you open handcent it shows all the people you text. the screen behind that. thanks for your help though.

raven1911

Reaction score
i got the bubble setting down. trying to get the screen that shows all your texts. like when you open handcent it shows all the people you text. the screen behind that. thanks for your help though.

I don't think you can customize that screen. I would email the developer and request what you would like and see what he/she says. The developer is very active and checks emails and such often.

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thanks for the tip. will do.

mad3963

Reaction score

In Handcent, go to Menu > Settings > scroll down to Conversation list setting > Scroll down to Background setting > check Use Picture > tap Select picture, select the image you want to use, crop it, save it, good to go.

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

In Handcent, go to Menu > Settings > scroll down to Conversation list setting > Scroll down to Background setting > check Use Picture > tap Select picture, select the image you want to use, crop it, save it, good to go.

tried that and it still stays black. left it with that picture setting and trying a batt pull. i know probably wont help but im from bb's

OP
doug piston

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
must enable custom. thanks for all help!!!!

raven1911

Reaction score
So did you figure it out? If so, I would like to know as I didn't think this could be modified. I couldn't find enable custom.

mad3963

Reaction score
So did you figure it out? If so, I would like to know as I didn't think this could be modified. I couldn't find enable custom.

In Handcent, go to Menu > Settings > scroll down to and tap Conversation list setting > check Enable custom > Scroll down to Background setting > check Use Picture > tap Select picture, select the image you want to use, crop it, save it, good to go.

mad3963

Reaction score
what is batched mode?

Did ya try it? From what I can see, if you select Batch mode, it enables a check box to the right of each conversation. At this point, if you go to the Menu, the only options available are Delete selected and Cancel batch mode. Not sure what purpose it serves other than to Batch delete multiple conversations.