1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Handcent Problem

Discussion in 'LithiumMod' started by schmaltzy, Jul 9, 2010.

1. schmaltzy

schmaltzy New Member

I installed the handcent app that is available through the scripts and every time I send a message it force closes. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I get the same thing. I have tried uninstalling and the downloading from the market, but it won't install the market version. I get "Application cannot be installed in the default install location."

I have tried this on 4.0.7 and 5.0.9

Any ideas?
  2. schmaltzy

schmaltzy New Member

I'm running the Nex-Tang theme....does that matter?
  3. Doc_PT

Doc_PT New Member

I am running it on 5.0.9 without difficulty, also ran on 4.0.7. I had mine backed up before the first install of 4.0.7 but don't think I even had to restore it.

BTW I am running the blue theme.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  4. nick.martinez27

nick.martinez27 New Member

I had the same problem. Got it to work again but not using the custom handcent of course. I think what I did was I had to make sure the themes Handcent was installed. I went to remove applications and removed the themes handcent and then went and reinstalled Handcent from market and all good again
  5. AutoCANE

AutoCANE New Member

I was having the same issue, I did exactly as you recommended and it fixed the problem.

Thank you for your advice!
Search tags for this page

android application cannot be installed in the default locat

how to fix the app cannot be installed in the defalt locatio