Handcent problem

spazma7ik

Reaction score
I want the notification icon to appear in notification bar, which it does, but I don't' want that obnoxious counter covering 3/4 of the notification icon. I turned off the setting, tested it and it shows up, clicked the opposite, same thing.

What am I doing wrong, is this just a known problem?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You mean the number on the icon in the notification bar?

It's either on or off......

CreditGod

Reaction score
how did you set handsent to be your default text messaging program i get double notifications on from handscent one from the original text program on the phone

OP
S

spazma7ik

Reaction score

Yes that. It is the setting under notification settings>>show unread number, correct? Because I have this unchecked and it still displays a red circle over the notification, is there another setting I am missing?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yes that. It is the setting under notification settings>>show unread number, correct? Because I have this unchecked and it still displays a red circle over the notification, is there another setting I am missing?
The 'show unread number' applies to the widget for Handcent, not the notification bar icon. Sorry.

OP
S

spazma7ik

Reaction score

The 'show unread number' applies to the widget for Handcent, not the notification bar icon. Sorry.

Ah I see, well is there a way to get rid of this? I don't see the point of a notification icon if the counter covers almost the whole icon entirely.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ah I see, well is there a way to get rid of this? I don't see the point of a notification icon if the counter covers almost the whole icon entirely.
Short of uninstalling Handcent all together... no.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Just dissable the notification if it bothers you that much. Just go to setting and uncheck notification.

minmongoblin

Reaction score
Um, didn't last night/this morning's update give us the option to turn off that number? It reads: "SHOW UNREAD NUMBER: show unread number counter in the notification icon" - doesn't that mean the icon in the notification bar? I'll test it real quick.

EDIT: Well shoot, unchecking that does nothing. I still got the red number over the notification icon. Maybe the developer(s) will notice that and fix it. Sorry that doesn't help =(