Handcent/other text entry issues

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by lennyjaxn, Feb 15, 2011.

1. lennyjaxn

lennyjaxn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't sure if this was an SS5.0 issue, or a theme issue, or a Gingerbread issue or just a setting I can't find, so I figured I'd post and see if anyone else was having these issues.

First, when I touch the screen in a text box, be it in Handcent, the browser or any other text box, I get a big marker with a point on the end of it. Is this a GB Android keyboard thing? Is there a way to make that not show up?
    Also, in Handcent, when I'm in Landscape and using the on-screen keyboard to type a message, there's this ill-fitting blue box that borders the entry field. I've changed all the settings I can think of, skins and stuff. I can't seem to get rid of it.
    Any advice on these would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. If these are specific to 5.0, please feel free to move it.

2. M4TT_949

M4TT_949 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well the arrow pointer thing under textbox is to help move cursor. You drag it. I havnt seen a way to remove it anywhere.
    And I just checked the ugly blue box in landscape and I'm not to sure what that is from, but most likely a GB issue with Handcent. Or it might just be the themed ROM

#2 M4TT_949, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
Search tags for this page

can you remove ugly handcent text box?

handcent big arrow smaller keyboard

handcent can't see message box when typing

in handcent how can i make the text box bigger

organizing texts on handcent

why can't i see what i type in the handcent text box