Handcent Notifications

GMofOLC

Reaction score
Just got my Droid today. Got Handcent within an hour.
Later tonight I come back from the bathroom and see that I have 2 missed txts in the notification panel. Cool. I swipe down, "You have to missed conversations/txts/whatever." I push it.
It brings me to the Handcent page where it lists who I have conversations with. Nothing is highlighted or anything.
This is not helpful at all.
Am I doing something wrong here? Or am I missing something? Seems to me like it should bring me right to the conversation I got a txt in, no make me guess which conversation I got a txt in.
Shouldn't it also list each person I got a txt from in the notification panel? Not just "You have 3 new txts. We're not going to tell you from who. Guess!"

Anybody?

griz8791

Reaction score
From the main Handcent screen listing all your threads, tap the menu key (the one on the chassis of the phone, not the screen).

Choose Settings.

Scroll down to "SMS Receive Setting."

Click in the checkbox to "enable popup."

Once you have enabled the popup, tap on the next item below to customize the popup settings.

Also check out the "notification settings," which, among other things, allow you to specify whether the new text message will scroll briefly across the top of your device and whether to assign a unique blinking LED color for new incoming Handcent messages.

I think that last one is pretty cool. Now I have blinking green for new gmail messages, blinking blue for new Handcent messages, and blinking magenta for new e-mails in my two non-gmail accounts. What this does is flash the LED a particular color so you will know you have a new message even when the screen is locked and therefore blacked out.

OP
G

GMofOLC

Reaction score
From the main Handcent screen listing all your threads, tap the menu key (the one on the chassis of the phone, not the screen).

Choose Settings.

Once you have enabled the popup, tap on the next item below to customize the popup settings.

Yeah, but this goes away after a while. I want to use the popup when I'm near/active with the phone. If I don't get to the txts when they are sent, I want to be able to tell who they're sent from, but I don't want to keep the popup thing there for ever.

mad3963

Reaction score
Just got my Droid today. Got Handcent within an hour.
Later tonight I come back from the bathroom and see that I have 2 missed txts in the notification panel. Cool. I swipe down, "You have to missed conversations/txts/whatever." I push it.
It brings me to the Handcent page where it lists who I have conversations with. Nothing is highlighted or anything.
This is not helpful at all.
Am I doing something wrong here? Or am I missing something? Seems to me like it should bring me right to the conversation I got a txt in, no make me guess which conversation I got a txt in.
Shouldn't it also list each person I got a txt from in the notification panel? Not just "You have 3 new txts. We're not going to tell you from who. Guess!"

Anybody?

I use Handcent. When I get new texts and tap on the Notification Panel alert, it loads the Conversation list in Handcent and the conversations with new messages are moved to the top. To the left of each conversation with a new message is a green vertical bar to let me know which conversations have new messages. I did nothing special to make this happen. Just there by default, as far as I know.

huskur

Reaction score
OK....need some help. I downloaded handcent and now when i get a new message it comes in twice. Once in handcent and the same message is delivered with the droids messenging system. What do i need to do to get them to come in with only handcent?

huskur

Reaction score
NEVERMIND......(turn off notification on the android SMS and enable it on Handcent)

OP
G

GMofOLC

Reaction score
I use Handcent. When I get new texts and tap on the Notification Panel alert, it loads the Conversation list in Handcent and the conversations with new messages are moved to the top. To the left of each conversation with a new message is a green vertical bar to let me know which conversations have new messages. I did nothing special to make this happen. Just there by default, as far as I know.

Ah!
Yes!
I did not notice it was at the top because I thought it was in alphabetical order and the person's name started with 'C'.
I also didn't notice the little green bar.
Thank you so much.
I feel dumb now though...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Choose Settings.

Yeah, but this goes away after a while. I want to use the popup when I'm near/active with the phone. If I don't get to the txts when they are sent, I want to be able to tell who they're sent from, but I don't want to keep the popup thing there for ever.

You can disable the pop up from waking up the screen.