Handcent Not Downloading MMS

music_man185

Reaction score
my handcent will not download mms. i've searched and found that alot of other people have this problem, but it seems its not exactly the same as what i'm experiencing. when i receive a mms message, i click the download button. the button goes away for just a second and says "downloading", but it quickly goes back to the download button. i've tried clicking it several times and it does the same thing everytime. for most people, they say they can download it as long as they are on 3g, or they can't download it on the stock messenger app. i cannot download even on 3g. but it will download if i go through the stock messenger app. i just installed handcent a couple weeks ago, and i haven't been notified of an update. running gingerbread

chrisnelson24

Reaction score
Just covering the basics but make sure auto retreive is checked on your stock app. I havent used handcent in awhile but there was also an option in there as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

chrisnelson24

Reaction score
There is also an auto download setting in handcent somewhere. I remember seeing it, just not sure where. Make sure you check that

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
M

music_man185

Reaction score
thanks for the help. my handcent already had auto retrieve, roaming auto retrieve and auto download checked. but auto retrieve wasn't checked on my stock messaging app. i checked it, so i guess i will see what happens.

i installed go sms pro last night to see what i thought of it. i like handcent better, but go sms downloaded mms messages right out of the box.