Handcent: My account picture not showing

egraham3

Reaction score
I've have handcent for almost a week now(I have a droid X), and despite all the updates in the past week, my main problem is still not fixed.

All of my other contacts sync and show picture, i just can't see my picture(always silhouette default image)

anyone know how to fix this?

I've tried rebooting, unistalling, changing account picture, all kinds of things and cant figure it out.

griz8791

Reaction score
I apologize if you've already tried this, but I didn't find it until a couple of days ago.

settings>account>account picture

Looks to me like the photo has to be on your phone, i.e., on your sd card. It doesn't appear possible to link to a photo stored somewhere on the web, such as your Facebook profile pic. Therefore I am unsure how or why your Handcent account pic would sync or update. You just point it to a photo on your sd card and that stays as your account pic until you point it to some other pic on your sd card.

OP
E

egraham3

Reaction score
thanks griz.

I tried that before, but it was setting my picture as a zoomed in wallpaper lol..

Last night's update must of corrected at least that, still dont know why it wont sync to my facebook pic, when all other contacts have ability to do so.

you get one of these :icon_ banana: