handcent issue

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by BamaFan13, Apr 18, 2010.

1. BamaFan13

BamaFan13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For some reason, it won't let me update handcent...it keeps saying package file not signed correctly...I even tried uninstalling and installing again and no dice...any help would be appreciated.

2. HermitObserver

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have one of the colored Handcents from a previous thread that also colored some Swypes?? I had that same issue and i went to settings>applications>manage applications> and uninstalled the themed version. If that wasn't ur problem then idk. Good luck though!

3. dboss007

dboss007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this problem as well. No special Swype mods or anything like that so I think its just something related to Adam's rom with certain apps (Google Maps, Facebook, Handcent). What I did to correct was completely uninstall Handcent similar to this post from Adamz at AllDroid, Apps install fix, and then install the new version.

One note...if you have any customizations made to Handcent (bubble settings, etc.) they will be lost. If you have the full release of Titanium Backup this is easily corrected by navigating to and selecting your Handcent backup and clicking restore next to the previous backup. At this point you need to select DATA ONLY. This will restore all of your settings within Handcent and everything should be fine going forward. Good luck!

4. BamaFan13

BamaFan13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well you guys were right about the themed handcent...thay was the problem. Is there any way that I can get the update and have it themed?

Search tags for this page

handcent wont let me log in