Handcent Issue

jen_005

Reaction score
I've been having issues with Handcent lately.

Sometimes I will receive a text and it will show part of it in the notification bar, but when I go to read it, it's not there and it's not in the original messaging application, either.

At other times I will get the same text up to 5 times in a row.

Anyone else having similar issues? Anyone know how to work this out?

xanthus1132

Reaction score
The only problems i am having with handcent is that sometimes the popup will stay in the middle of the screen and get covered up by the virtual keyboard and A LOT of the time multimedia messages wont show in the handcent message application after they are downloaded and i have to go to the stock Messenger application and look at them in there. Very frustrating.

OP
jen_005

jen_005

Reaction score
The only problems i am having with handcent is that sometimes the popup will stay in the middle of the screen and get covered up by the virtual keyboard and A LOT of the time multimedia messages wont show in the handcent message application after they are downloaded and i have to go to the stock Messenger application and look at them in there. Very frustrating.

Ah, I haven't had those problems myself. I don't have the pop-up notifications on, though. I love the app, just wish it showed me all my texts. Ha!

Anomander

Reaction score
No issues with Handcent on messages double displaying. I sometimes will get a message without my message tone though.

SGTiger

Reaction score
The only problems i am having with handcent is that sometimes the popup will stay in the middle of the screen and get covered up by the virtual keyboard

This is what is driving me crazy with Handcent. I swear they sent out an update that fixed that popup in the middle of the screen, but another update came out and broke it again.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only problems i am having with handcent is that sometimes the popup will stay in the middle of the screen and get covered up by the virtual keyboard

This is what is driving me crazy with Handcent. I swear they sent out an update that fixed that popup in the middle of the screen, but another update came out and broke it again.
Luckily mine has not broken. :icon_eek: It moves to the top half of the screen to stay away from the keyboard.

SGTiger

Reaction score
Luckily mine has not broken. :icon_eek: It moves to the top half of the screen to stay away from the keyboard.

Martin, are you up-to-date with the latest handcent version? ...also, are you using swype as your keyboard?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have the latest Handcent installed and yes I use Swype.
When Handcent first released the update to fix the positioning issue I was having the same problem as you.
I did a reset/ battery pull and haven't had the issue since.

I also run myLock.....

Anomander

Reaction score
Have you tried disabling the popup and re-enabling? I never could get use to the popup and prefer the notification bar instead.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you tried a hard reset since installing Handcent?

No, I haven't. Only rebooted via SHIFT+ALT+DEL. Does the hard reset wipe everything out? I don't want to lose contacts, apps, etc...
No it doesn't wipe everything. That's a factory reset :)
Basically what you did was a hard reset. I should've been more clear. Have you tried a battery pull? :)

OP
jen_005

jen_005

Reaction score
Have you tried a hard reset since installing Handcent?

No, I haven't. Only rebooted via SHIFT+ALT+DEL. Does the hard reset wipe everything out? I don't want to lose contacts, apps, etc...
No it doesn't wipe everything. That's a factory reset :)
Basically what you did was a hard reset. I should've been more clear. Have you tried a battery pull? :)

Ah, gotcha. I haven't done a battery pull since Handcent started acting up... I'll throw that in with my hard reset and see what happens. It's hard to figure out what works since these glitches are so darned sporadic!

Thanks for all your suggestions!