Handcent-I thought it was a stand alone app

MAzing87

Reaction score
Is it not? I asked because I deleted my MMS app and figured out that I can't send any pictures now. I was able to send when the MMS was on my phone. I deleted it since I rarely use it, but if I can't send pictures, then that sucks.

Can anyone confirm Handcent being a stand alone app or not?

Last edited:

validoption

Reaction score
Is it not? I asked because I deleted my MMS app and figured out that I can't send any pictures now. I was able to send when the MMS was on my phone. I deleted it since I rarely use it, but if I can't send pictures, then that sucks.

Handcent is a standalone app, but some users report problems when MMS.apk is deleted from /system/app. Best thing to do is rename MMS.apk to MMS.apk.bak just in case you need to rename it back to .apk if you have issues. I just leave it on there, it doesn't take up much space, and if you disable the auto-retrieve and notification options, you pretty much forget it's on there.

OP
MAzing87

MAzing87

Reaction score

Handcent is a standalone app, but some users report problems when MMS.apk is deleted from /system/app. Best thing to do is rename MMS.apk to MMS.apk.bak just in case you need to rename it back to .apk if you have issues. I just leave it on there, it doesn't take up much space, and if you disable the auto-retrieve and notification options, you pretty much forget it's on there.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

sarreq

Reaction score
handcent is a replacement front end for the system messaging, it does depend on the system app