Handcent for 2.2 Darkedge

Discussion in 'Xeudoxus' started by Disabled, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Disabled

Disabled New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've read through a couple threads and couldn't get a definite answer so I'll make a thread about my issue. First of all, I would like to thank Xeudoxus for making such an awesome theme for my newly rooted Droid and for the community. Second, the only issue I have run into would be Handcent's color BoB & WoW in the typing box. I read about reapplying the apk, reframing (fWT I believe it's called), and changing Handcent's theme to Dark, all of which didn't fix the problem. I also read that not applying the apk is practically the only solution until the official release but I can't seem to figure out which apk file it is. (It's not Mms.apk from what I tried.)

Again, thank you Xeudoxus for your hard work and any others that can help with my problem!

2. Disabled

Disabled New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    72 views, no replies? Anyone have the same problem at least?

3. xeudoxus

xeudoxus Professor X Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I think what you mean is not applying the Handcent mm (in de apps) those files in there was just a "quick" fix.

Other then what you have suggested, (using the dark theme in handcent would fix all of the problems but the input box "de handcent mm did that") so other then waiting fot the official 2.2 you might try and see if there are "themes" for handcent (i know ive seen some somewhere) that can change the input box (i think the de mm is too outdated) for now.

4. W0Pdego

W0Pdego New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Xeudoxus is 100% right, I had the same problem and thats what worked for me. Check that handcent is not installed on your sd card. If it is, temporarily move the app to phone, then go to Darkedge tools and use the app command. Once that is done, move to metamorph, select your darkedge apps xml, scroll down to handcent, and apply. Restart for good measure, and when you're back up, it should be good to go. Worked for me.

5. jellybean420

jellybean420 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Handcent issue solved in FRG22D version.

Sent from my Droid using my Thoughts