Handcent delivery reports

Renae

Reaction score
On the OG Droid. How did you get past the double notification when you receive a Text

I never had handcent delivery reports checked and always used carrier ones, never got double report

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Al Neri

Reaction score
You have to go in and disable the stock messenger to avoid dual notification. I have been running it since day 1 with no issues.

sjmerlo

Reaction score
I have the same issue with unsuccessful reports. The feature worked correctly on my Droid X.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

idefiler6

Reaction score
I never use these, does checking the delivery report mean you get a notification for each sms sent?

lgalcarte

Reaction score
I tried various different settings and it never worked right. Uninstalled. Using stock messaging app for first time in two years. Miss my pop-ups but at least it's working. Tried other pop up sms but one you couldn't reply from and another didn't save your responses at all. Got tired of messing with it...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

shveckle

Reaction score
Mine works but differently

Mine works but differently then it did on my other Android phones. My other phones would have the blue clock when I sent the msg and then turn into the green check mark when received by the other person who was on Verizon. But on the Bionic it is a blue clock and then when it is received by the person it turns into an orange i. When I touch the orange i it is a Report that says who the text was to and actually when they received it. Sometimes it will say a couple of minutes later. So if I sent the message at 8:52 sometimes the "i" report will say 8:52 if they got it right away and sometimes it will say 8:53 if they got it the next minute or a later time. In a way better then in the past, because the green check mark showed that they received it, but it did not have a time stamped as to when they received it. I always have had the handcent reports off and only use the carrier one.

edrock200

Reaction score
Chiming in with the same issue. Although Handcent works, delivery confirmation reports are reporting invalid. Have a few things to add to this:

1. When sending from the stock application, then going over to handcent, it is indeed a green check mark, so it's specific to handcent.
2. When receiving a text message, if handcent is installed, the verizon sender WILL NOT get a delivery confirmation. Once uninstalled the sender will get a confirmation. Either way messages still send and receive properly even though the status' show as failed.

So, seems to be pretty clearly a software issue on Handcent's side, but not a deal breaker for anyone that doesn't use that feature. I've turned off the carrier reports for now until the next update comes out.

edrock200

Reaction score
Just FYI, this has been repaired with the latest version of handscent. Just confirmed on my bionic.