Handcent default

hpNYR

Reaction score
Everytime i reboot my phone and go into my messaging i am asked which i want as my default the stock or handcent. Is this normal? am I suppose to be asked after a reboot only?

Thank you.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
you haven't set it to default. there should be a little checkbox asking if you want to set it as the default browser. hit that checkbox then handcent and you're good

OP
H

hpNYR

Reaction score
you haven't set it to default. there should be a little checkbox asking if you want to set it as the default browser. hit that checkbox then handcent and you're good
I have and it is the default until i reboot my phone..it's still the default but when i go into my messages after the reboot it asks which i want to make the default as..this only happens when i reboot...when the phone is on handscent is the default

Fightnfire

Reaction score
I had trouble with the pop up default question sticking when I selected it. So I did it from within each app. From the settings inside the default messenger shut off notifications and clear the defaults.

Then go into Handcent and do the opposite, setting the default. Once I did that, it worked great.

OP
H

hpNYR

Reaction score
I had trouble with the pop up default question sticking when I selected it. So I did it from within each app. From the settings inside the default messenger shut off notifications and clear the defaults.

Then go into Handcent and do the opposite, setting the default. Once I did that, it worked great.

My problem is only after a reboot. It asks me to select default only when the phone has been rebooted..

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
try clearing the cache in handcent after you set it to default. after that try rebooting.

if that doesn't work then i'm at a loss, sorry

turdbogls

Reaction score
try uninstalling/reinstalling handcent...if that doesn't work my only other suggestion is to freeze/delete the stock messaging app....this is only if you are rooted tho.