Handcent and MMS

chrispt

Reaction score
So, I searched through the forums to see if anyone had similar issues and found a few relating to this. I was having some issues receiving MMS through Handcent. They would come in fine with the stock Messaging app, but not show in Handcent. I uninstalled Handcent and re-installed and one of my MMS that hadn't come in properly looks like it worked this time, but has anyone else ever noticed this?

taz1458

Reaction score
I am having the same problem as well. It also will not auto-download them. I have to manually hit download and then when its done it just disappears.

jbr13

Reaction score
Yeah same thing here since the update last night. It seems they go around and round. They put out an update and the MMS won't work right, or it won't show what you are typing in when you turn phone to landscape mode. The put out an update and things work better. Then they put out a new update and the text not showing up or MMS don't work right again! I love the program if they could keep everything they fix working when they update.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have a problem with MMS in both Handcent and the default app. They come in as 30k messages and one downloaded display as a picture instead of a video.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Removing Handcent, rebooting, and it work with the default messenger. I re-installed Handcent and it works intermitantly works. The default messenger works all of the time. I guess Handcent is ready for prime time. I really liked it, but give the problems I will uninstall it and see if I can find another app to replace it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had one instance of this. Picture was sent to me (I use Handcent) and I had to manually select download, where as it used to automatically display the image. Well I clicked download and.... nothing.

Had the same person resend me that image, hit download, and it worked. I'm not sure if the person who sent it accidentally canceled the file transfer or what. Haven't seen this issue since.

bllarkin

Reaction score
I had the same issue a few days ago, the photos auto-downloaded but they were blank. I think there was an update in the last few days, when I went back and looked today, the photos were showing just fine. Weird, but I think they fixed it.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I too am having MMS problems with Handcent the mesages show as 30K and I click to download them, but then they just end up being black bubbles, no, photo or video :( where can I complain to the developer about this problem.

-=Jason=-

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ran into this issue again :( Had to click 'download' manually in Handcent to receive an MMS. It never displayed. So I went into the stock messaging and it displayed the picture fine.
Strike 1 for Handcent...

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
EDIT: I didn't notice it was for SMS not MMS :(

-= Jason=-

Last edited:

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I had similar problems, I removed Handcent, shutdown my Droid and removed the battery. Once powered up I was able to download MMS with the default Messenger and play them. I did reinstall Handcent later, but initially use the default messenger to download the MMS after that if I want to review it I can watch it in either messenger app. I kind of sucks, but I like Handcent and am hoping they will fix it soon.

MstrHnky

Reaction score
add me to the list. received two MMS today and they showed up as 30k files. i had to manually download them and when it "finished" i had nothing on the screen but a blank bubble. clicking on the bubble gave me a black screen for about 8 seconds.