handcent and messaging trouble!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by maxgmcz71, Dec 21, 2010.

1. maxgmcz71

maxgmcz71 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am wondering. If there is a way to make messaging not show anything in it that I send through handcent.or if I can hide it in another file.its not poping up or showing on homescreen its bothering by reviving the same thing and showing the samething as handcent.what good is the blacklist option if someone can still read it through messaging.hope I didn't confuse you.thanks its on Droid 1

2. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    there are 2 thing you can do....
    1, Root your device and delete/freeze the stock messaging app with titanium backup.

2. just hide notifications in the stock messaging app. take it even further, and use launcher Pro (and i believe ADW) to hide it from the app drawer...you wont even notice it is there.

3. maxgmcz71

maxgmcz71 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I appreciate it,but I'm new to the Droid scene and don't understand any. Of that.

4. Nubbie

Nubbie Member

Ratings:
    +3
    turn off all your notifications on your stock messaging options. use handcent as your default messaging system. no need to root your phone.

5. lemodular

lemodular Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do not disable your stock messaging, I'm sure handcent still needs it to work. As the previous poster said, just turn off the notification in the stock app. No need to root.

6. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    You can disable notifications and auto-retrieve from the stock messaging and Handcent will work fine. There is no correlation between the stock messaging and Handcent, one doesn't need the other to operate.

Root is not needed to disable notifications and message retrieval from the stock app. However, all messages in Handcent will still be in the stock app should you open it.

Search tags for this page
blacklist on handcent

handcent blacklist

handcent blacklist pic message still shows notification
handcent notifications not showing up
handcent show blacklist items