Handcent and double message ?

kaotik0c

Reaction score
I've had popup disabled for some time in Handcent and still get double messages (NOT notifications) with no apparent rhyme or reason. This morning it has been really bad, almost every sms comes in twice, hence the forum searching. Any other suggestions on fixes?

BzB

Reaction score
I've had popup disabled for some time in Handcent and still get double messages (NOT notifications) with no apparent rhyme or reason. This morning it has been really bad, almost every sms comes in twice, hence the forum searching. Any other suggestions on fixes?

i've been having this issue as well, txt messages show in the handcent app twice like the user sent the same message back to back.

i don't think this is a handcent issue though, checked the stock messaging app and the messages show up twice there too. could be a verizon issue. it looks like i'm only getting duplicate messages from other verizon users.

dmo580

Reaction score
there are now 5 threads about this same issue
on the first page, i think

go to MESSAGING
hit the MENU button
SETTINGS

it's in there
UNCHECK NOTIFICATIONS

good luck

Thank you... Easy as cake. :icon_ banana:

Dude thats the double notifications error. People are talking about DOUBLE TEXTS. You see TWO identical texts from the same person. Two conversation bubbles in a row. I checked the Stock messaging program too. TWO messages from that person.

1) Stock messaging app notifications disabled
2) Handcent enabled.

I get 1 notificatino per text. I'm getting 2 texts, so theres 2 notifications. This issue is on the Handcent board too. It's a known issue. It's not simpyl a VZW issue as I have a Moto Milestone.

This happened on the Nexus One too.

Edit: Did the uncheck "Self check" box some people mentioned on the Handcent BBS. No go. Double texts still. Hell QUAD texts from someone too!

Last edited:

Fernandoborda

Reaction score
ok check if you have beautiful widgets oack2 it brings messages up top.. make sure you dont have it installed

kweather99

Reaction score
I've been getting double texts all morning from a fellow verizon user, just got a text from an at&t user: no double message. Also, double messages showing up in both handcent & native messaging app.

dmo580

Reaction score
someone on the handcent forum said to turn off "Self Check" in the Receiving options in Handcent. I still get double texts from TIME to TIME.

warren83

Reaction score
Switch to ChompSMS, works great for me. Had Handcent and the double messages were irritating me.

seaniekaye

Reaction score
I was getting duplicate messages and just turned off all the options in handcent settings / receive message settings and its fixed, I get one txt and one notification. doesn't make sense, but its working for me.

seaniekaye

Reaction score
Yeah I did. Everything in messaging settings / text messaging is grayed out except the callback number. Everything in handcent settings / notification settings is grayed out except "Notifications (status bar)".